RCS Imperial County Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Hoping someone in the know can help me with the Imperial County segments of the San Diego RCS system.

Are any of the sites as listed in the RR Database simulcast?

In other words, for my 396, do I need to program each site separately as a system, or are there a few key sites that I would expect to hear system traffic (as does RCS East, North and South systems)

I do a couple of road trips a year to SD through Imperial County, and as I need to program the scanner before I leave AZ, I would like to get it right the first time. (My wife frowns at my programming it at 70 MPH while driving with my knees.)

Any help or redirection appreciated.

John
radioprescott

karldotcom

I got the impression most of the Talkgroups were simulcast when I drove through in February. I was near Salton Sea and heard a stabbing call in Calexico and heard the transport all the way to Yuma.

Off the top of my head, I think I entered all the control channels for RCS and set it to Control Channel only on my 296D. I will see if I still have the files at home. I also used the TGs listed on SanDiegoScan since they were more up to date for Imperial County.

And for my CA/AZ trips, I would reprogram the 296D from CA to AZ and back using my laptop at the Yuma McDonalds parking lot. I would set it up and then go in for a 20 minute lunch (although, the glare is insane!) But with my new 396D I hope those days are over.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
radioprescott said:
Are any of the sites as listed in the RR Database simulcast?
No, the only simulcast sites are 1, 2 and 3. I would recommend programming in the sites with the most frequencies since their added capacity requirements mean you'll be hearing more on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.