RCS NextGen testing thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Lots of constant Phase II testing today...my TRX2 and WS1098 are having issues, only reliably decoding ungarbled voice about 50% of the time. Ugh :(

Paul

mike619

Is the solution at this point to invest in an SDS100 to monitor the Nextgen?

mikeshepard

Just started monitoring Nextgen today on SDS-100 and heard a couple of conversations that were strong and clear.

Firing up the TRX-1 to see how it compares on the system.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Well, by "aligned" I meant adjusted antenna patters and individual site timing delays to correct where any simulcast phasing errors take place in the cell's service areas.

Don

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
LOTS of Phase II testing currently, sounds like one tech driving from Imperial to San Diego testing along the way. Talk of being on site 46 and site 50, east site also supposed to be live, all of Imperial valley sites are hot etc. Lot's of 1 minute + length transmissions to monitor now. My Whistler WS1098 is having no issues with 100% clean and clear Phase II decode on south, but this is only on the single 855.9625 test channel.

Paul

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Anyone hearing anything on the West Simulcast today? I've been listening all morning and hearing nothing.

Thanks,
Laura

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I see site 42 on 853.6625 showing up on the Peers list in Unitrunker. But am not able to receive it where I am located.

mike619

When is FD projected timeline to be using the Nextgen like Heartland,Cal Fire Metro etc?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
When is FD projected timeline to be using the Nextgen like Heartland,Cal Fire Metro etc?

After Labor Day for full production.
Still a lot of testing to be done, including a test group of users this summer.

Don

allend

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if anybody knows with the upgrade to the NextGen system was might be locked down and what will continue to stay open. I know this system is fairly wide open and not sure SD area is huge about the big E