RCS NextGen testing thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing them on Nextgen on my SDS200's and Whistlers. There was a tac transmission yesterday on 1G that was taking place only on the NextGen and not on old analog 1G, probably because no radios were affiliated on the old 1G at the time.

Paul

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I have a question. Loading all sites and the 700's along with the transfering of the RCS to the new ones will allow me to hear stuff up hear in North Inland? I plan on loading the NORTH,SOUTH,EAST,and WEST sites along with the simulcasts. This is gonna be helacious. Not so much with my 2 200's but with the HP2

MisterLongwire

Banned
Sorry about it if I already asked this but i am leary of all this. I just wanna hear everything that I currenly have. I hope not so much stuff on simulcast

W6KRU

Sorry about it if I already asked this but i am leary of all this. I just wanna hear everything that I currenly have. I hope not so much stuff on simulcast

The new lists will not detract from listening to old lists. You can even listen to RCS lists and RCS NextGen lists at the same time. I think you need to bite the bullet and start listening to simulcast. Once you find the correct filter(hint: W-Inv) your SDS's will sound fine.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Heard Heartland Engine 11 out of La Mesa on 7H/7I on the SD 700MHz system on a traffic accident on WB 8 at College...apparently, they will be hitting SD for M/A on the 700 talkgroups while SDFD still works on 800.

Paul

The RCS units are operating on the City 800 system for now.

MisterLongwire

Banned
Another question folks...is CALFIRE staying on RCS or going to NextGen as I am still hearing them on RCS. Another q...I was listening to El Cajon CHPoffice on RCS...did they migrate as well as I have not heard them tonight at all and I attempted to put them on NextGen hoping to hear them but am not

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
This week has been south county FD agencies, with a blip of south law on Friday and then next week is most of the rest of south law. After that, I think it's a week of mostly misc Sheriff's non patrol units, then at the very end is Calfire and CHP.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
This week has been south county FD agencies, with a blip of south law on Friday and then next week is most of the rest of south law. After that, I think it's a week of mostly misc Sheriff's non patrol units, then at the very end is Calfire and CHP.

Paul

Actually,

Next week (10/7) is the completion of South cell City PDs and 'make up' programming for the agencies in both the North and South areas.
The week of 10/14 starts 3 weeks of Sheriff, CHP, Probation, DA, and Humane Society programming (through 11/1). The County Fire Authority (dispatched by the Interagency Communications Center [Monte Vista]) cuts over during the week of 11/4. When that is done, all front-line Law and Fire units in San Diego County will be moved over to NextGen.

A number of people state that "CalFIRE" is on the network. As an agency, CalFIRE operates on State VHF, with Mutual Aid on the RCS, just as the Cleaveland National Forest [Also dispatched out of Monte Vista] operates Mutual Aid on the RCS..

mike619

What is going on with North Coast dispatch?

Disregard it was an issue on my end.

mike619

A number of people state that "CalFIRE" is on the network. As an agency, CalFIRE operates on State VHF, with Mutual Aid on the RCS, just as the Cleaveland National Forest [Also dispatched out of Monte Vista] operates Mutual Aid on the RCS..

Would that mean that the Zone 10 and 11 talkgroups are classified as ''mutual aid''?

MisterLongwire

Banned
Actually,

Next week (10/7) is the completion of South cell City PDs and 'make up' programming for the agencies in both the North and South areas.
The week of 10/14 starts 3 weeks of Sheriff, CHP, Probation, DA, and Humane Society programming (through 11/1). The County Fire Authority (dispatched by the Interagency Communications Center [Monte Vista]) cuts over during the week of 11/4. When that is done, all front-line Law and Fire units in San Diego County will be moved over to NextGen.

You are awesome! tHANKS

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Would that mean that the Zone 10 and 11 talkgroups are classified as ''mutual aid''?

No, they are Fire talkgroups coordinated by the East Zone dispatch point (Monte Vista), with the County Fire Authority being the primary user.

Zones 1 and 2 are Central Zone (Heartland Communications is the Zone dispatch point), 3 and 4 are North Zone (NorthCom is the Zone Dispatch Point), 5A - 5J are North Zone (Escondido is the dispatch point), 5K -5 N and Zone 6 are Metro Zone (RCS Agencies), with San DIego City's ECDC as the Zone Dispatch Point, and Zones 7, 8, and 9 are Metro Zone (City 700 / 800 systems), with ECDC as the Zone Dispatch Point.

Don.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
NCO was coming across Site 41 early this morning...RUR was coming across Site 1 the other morning...so much patching at times, but my SDS's show the programmed talkgroup ID and not the master talkgroup like the 996's do, so who knows how they got on south.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
NCO was coming across Site 41 early this morning...RUR was coming across Site 1 the other morning...so much patching at times, but my SDS's show the programmed talkgroup ID and not the master talkgroup like the 996's do, so who knows how they got on south.

Paul

NCO is allowed on Site 41 because the Railroad Safety unit works out of that station.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
When will the talkgroups such as Fire and Law CC, Law Air, Blue 1 be migrated?

Paul

Mike_G_D

Just got my new 1098 on clearance from Whistler site with 25% discount coupon code. Seems to work about as well as my "good 197" on the new system (north and west sites) which is ok - I am very much a "beggar" in this case so "choosing" is a limited option at best for me. Hearing a lot more P2 traffic on the West site, it seems, as opposed to mostly P1 stuff on the North site. Escondido FD fighting a fire this evening - now seems under control and in mop up phase on P2 Tac 5E.