RCS NextGen testing thread

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
I have begun submitting talk group updates for the next gen system to the RR administrators. I have been using Unitrunker for the past few months to verify active TG's and have only submitted known to be active TG's as I believe the RCS organization has had a change to clean up the TG's, or changed them or added new ones.

Hopefully we can have a data base of the NextGen RCS which is clean of unused TG's taking up space in our scanners.

Thank you!! This is awesome. I've been using Pro96com to log active talkgroups on the West Cell to update my own Excel database (which consists of the RR talkgroups from the old RCS). It'll be great to get an accurate list!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
RIP the following...

Oceanside PD...GONE.

RIP the following from the old RCS...

Northcomm zones 3 and 4, including 3A...GONE.
Escondido Fire zone 5, except 5A...GONE.
Carlsbad PD Dispatch...GONE.
Del Mar Lifeguards...GONE.
Solana Beach Lifeguards...GONE.
Encinitas Lifeguards...GONE.

allend

Premium Subscriber
So with the switch over how much encryption has been implemented so far and what is still coming down the pipes?

Scary times

Mike_G_D

So with the switch over how much encryption has been implemented so far and what is still coming down the pipes?

Scary times
If you've got a P2 capable scanner, live in SD county, and aren't bothered by simulcast issues (either blessed by location and/or happy/capable equipment) then I'd say not "Scary times" at all. I have heard some encryption on the new system, yes, but, so far, in my experience, no where near the majority in terms of agencies and talk groups. All dispatch for all local LE and FD traffic that I have listened to on the new (and old) system have been in the clear as well as most tactical and car-to-car traffic. And mutual aid, obviously.

It's down to simulcast distortion and new coverage issues for the SD county folks as main concerns at this stage and not (yet, at least) creeping encryption usage.

-Mike

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
There was an El Cajon PD radio on the NextGen that somehow got stuck on encrypted...the officer claimed he didn't have his encryption switch enabled...it was a whole thing the other morning :)

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hearing Santee, Imperial Beach, and CHP El Cajon on NextGen Site 41 now. Once Calfire migrates, I can shut off my old RCS banks.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Weird, Oceanside is back on my RCS radio as well, it was def DED the other day. :-\

Carlsbad is also back to available on my RCS radio.

Paul

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
RCS NextGen SOUTH Cell 851.1375 hasn’t been active (used) with voice traffic in the last few days.
(It was added to the site on September 18, 2019)

Must been taken out of service for some unknown reason...