• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RD985 DIRECT MODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajo

Hi everyone

i want to know if hytera's RD985 can work in direct mode, wich mean he wont repeat and the TX frequency and RX frequency will be the same exact.

i sow that in repeater path i can change to basic mode but i am not sure it can be the same the rx and tx frequencies could br the same...

Thanks!

joe

My RD982 won't take the same freqs for TX and RX, no reason to. Doing that makes the repeater a simplex base station.
My only options for operation mode are regular or XPT.

ajo

Thanks Jay

thats the issue...that i want the repeater to be a simplex base station , from some reasons.

it would be great if there is a trick to do so.....

I think you're screwed if you are using DMR but analog lets you scan.
You could put your RX in one channel and the TX in another and set scan TX mode to designated channel.
I got CPS to do this in a code plug but don't have access to a repeater to test it.

There was a base station mode option but I think it went away with ver 9 firmware, I don't see it anymore.

ajo

Thanks!
you mean that for example i should power on channel 2 and set scan to designated channel 1 ( channel 2 RX = channel 1 TX ) ?
this configuration suppose to be valid on repeater?

about the base mode havn't so it in firmware 9 and 8....

Yes and have scan turned on automatically. I would put a dummy RX freq in the TX channel just to make sure it doesn't find some activity.

ajo

Ok,
and in the RX channel i should set the repeater path to basic mode instead of repeater mode so it will be sort of simplex?
if scan turned on automatically its always scan ?

If you want 464.500 try
ch1 rx 380.000 or something not likely to be used, tx 464.500
ch 2 rx 464.500 tx 469.500
scan on, designated TX ch 1
have repeater on ch 2

ajo

thanks
will do the same ( only with vhf ...) .
will update if there is something interesting.
joe

ottosykora

Just Q:

how is it about the receiver protection when trying to tx/rx on same freq? On a reperater, there are two connectors, one tx , other rx. Therefore I asume that there is not really some correct switch over between tx and rx.
Clearly one can have two antennas in vertical separation according to frequency or some complex external circulator etc, but still, I would have thoughts of harming the receiver one day.
How is it solved in such cases?

Just found this option to turn on base station mode in the buttons section. I'm out of the shop and won't be able to test it this week.

Attachments

• 982.gif
    982.gif
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.