"Rdio Scanner" setup assistance

FFBillBlast

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question....I have looked around for a tutorial/educational video on setting up "Rdio Scanner" software. I currently run DSD+ Fastlane on windows to listen to p25 II w/no issues, but wish to run Rdio Scanner seeing it appears to be easier to use all the functions aval on SDR setup. I have minimal comp skills & was only able to set up SDR thru watching YT vids showing how to setup & operate its different functions. Shockingly, there is tons of SDR, DSD+, FASTLANE & etc tutorial/educational vids but I can not find any vids on Rdio Scanner & there are many ppl such as myself looking for vids on this & have no luck finding any.....if anyone could help me, as well as other ppl, we all would be extremely greatly appreciate it, THANKS.

FFBillBlast

Are you trying to setup rdio-scanner with SDRTrunk?
Well, I feel really stupid bc idk....as I said I know vary little about software/computers, my computer does save in the 1R file every radio transmission that go out on the system(agency) I monitor. It makes you probably question how the heck I even downloaded everything needed, program & make DSD+ work properly....I watched multiple YT vids from different ppl before attempting it myself. I have read the 'read me" directions for Rdio Scanner but I just don't understand or know where to locate everything in the complete zip file. So back to recording software, I looked thru all my files & don't see anything that says trunk recorder. So, maybe now seeing my limited comp abilities, you might wish to jump ship & I respectfully understand completely or I could take screen shots of my SDR/DSD+ files/programs for you to see what I have. The Rdio Scanner seems more user friendly for someone like myself, do you believe that to be true, I'm just curious?? THANKS AGAIN.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I run unitrunker,dsdplus and sdrtrunk. I use trunking recorder as it does both unitrunker analog and p25 (phase1) and sdrtrunk.

I download rdio scanner and did not get that far due to time constraints at the time.

FFBillBlast

I run unitrunker,dsdplus and sdrtrunk. I use trunking recorder as it does both unitrunker analog and p25 (phase1) and sdrtrunk.

I download rdio scanner and did not get that far due to time constraints at the time.
After doing some research, I learned what SDR trunk is, I only run DSD+ Fastlane on Win10, I got rdio scanner downloaded & when I try pulling up the dashboard, it gives me an error screen. I see others have had the same error, so I'm still researching for the proper resolution.

FFBillBlast

Now I see what ur speaking of about time to setup, I got it pulled up on browser & trying to work thru all the configuring & set up, but not being comp wise, idk what most things like ssl certificates, apikey & so on....I will keep researching, learning & get it done(hopefully soon, lol).

dmchalmers

Well, I feel really stupid bc idk....as I said I know vary little about software/computers, my computer does save in the 1R file every radio transmission that go out on the system(agency) I monitor. It makes you probably question how the heck I even downloaded everything needed, program & make DSD+ work properly....I watched multiple YT vids from different ppl before attempting it myself. I have read the 'read me" directions for Rdio Scanner but I just don't understand or know where to locate everything in the complete zip file. So back to recording software, I looked thru all my files & don't see anything that says trunk recorder. So, maybe now seeing my limited comp abilities, you might wish to jump ship & I respectfully understand completely or I could take screen shots of my SDR/DSD+ files/programs for you to see what I have. The Rdio Scanner seems more user friendly for someone like myself, do you believe that to be true, I'm just curious?? THANKS AGAIN.
Good luck Around here! If your not all know'd up you on your own Newbe

noamlivne

After doing some research, I learned what SDR trunk is, I only run DSD+ Fastlane on Win10, I got rdio scanner downloaded & when I try pulling up the dashboard, it gives me an error screen. I see others have had the same error, so I'm still researching for the proper resolution.
I would recommend using SDRTrunk with Rdio-Scanner. That way you can maximize the listening experience, IMHO.
Try to set up SDRTrunk following the instructions on its github site. If you have issues, the site recommends you use a Discord forum and mailing list that can help you.
Setting up Rdio-Scanner with SDRTrunk can be easier. It is still quite a new program. Go to its github site and follow the instructions there (I also think there is instructions appended to the downloaded .zip file). In the github site there is a discussion board that may be of help.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
idk what most things like ssl certificates, apikey & so on
Must of that is for streaming. What exactly are you looking to do?

I use trunking recorder with sdrtrunk and unitrunker and store 30 days worth of audio from 4 systems total that can be played back at any time from anywhere there is an internet connection. Playbac with trunking recorder is done thru a standard web browser.