P25RX-II Rdio-Scanner support added to ADV-BTCFG-II

Status
Not open for further replies.

btt

Banned
Banned
Demo monitoring 3 systems over local network with the browser version of the client. I think I have the bugs worked out now (on the java side). This is what the audio sounds like when using the BTT-2 release of the server software. (without server audio normalization).

btt

Banned
Banned
Analog channels are now supported with a hack for the ADV-BTCFG version. The TG and SYS ids are fixed for analog when generating the audio files in the rdio_dirwatch directory. I discovered another benefit of monitoring with your phone. The Bluetooth audio quality is excellent. This video demos analog/scanning and also how you avoid listening to overlapping conversations when they are simultaneous.

btt

Banned
Banned
How did you setup Bluetooth for the three radios? My rdio app uses WiFi for audio.
The phone app plays back from a database over WiFi network connection. This could be as many receivers as you want. It plays back one audio recording at a time. Of course you don't want it to all add up to more bandwidth than real-time or you will never catch up while listening. The audio will come out of your phone speaker by default. If you pair your phone to your Bluetooth speaker (or car, headphone, etc), then the audio will come out of the Bluetooth audio-sink device. The conversion from wav->m4a->phone Bluetooth is very high quality.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
So let me see if I understand this correctly... I could set up the server side on my Win10 PC at home where BTCFG-II lives, and use the Rdio browser client at work and monitor my P25RX-II from there, yes? I briefly scrolled through the github today between meetings and couldn't figure out exactly how to access the browser client, like in your video where you're using Firefox to run Rdio.

The phone app plays back from a database over WiFi network connection. This could be as many receivers as you want. It plays back one audio recording at a time. Of course you don't want it to all add up to more bandwidth than real-time or you will never catch up while listening. The audio will come out of your phone speaker by default. If you pair your phone to your Bluetooth speaker (or car, headphone, etc), then the audio will come out of the Bluetooth audio-sink device. The conversion from wav->m4a->phone Bluetooth is very high quality.

FreqNout

I could set up the server side on my Win10 PC at home where BTCFG-II lives, and use the Rdio browser client at work and monitor my P25RX-II from there, yes?
Are you able to reach your home PC via a vpn or port forwarding in your home router from your work internet? If so, yes.

The browser on your home PC for the rdio web page is your local rdio server ip port 3000.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
So let me see if I understand this correctly... I could set up the server side on my Win10 PC at home where BTCFG-II lives, and use the Rdio browser client at work and monitor my P25RX-II from there, yes? I briefly scrolled through the github today between meetings and couldn't figure out exactly how to access the browser client, like in your video where you're using Firefox to run Rdio.
Yes. You could do that. I wasn't really thinking of that when I first posted about it. I don't know how RR admin might see this since this is the home of broadcastify. I looked into broadcastify a bit today. It appears that they have a new thing called "broadcastify calls". This sounds like it does the same thing for the most part, but it is obviously tightly coupled with the RR database. With broadcastify calls, the deal is that *you* can listen to whatever audio you send to the dbase, but they will only allow public feeds for the allowed terms of service (no c2c, TAC, etc). It doesn't look like they have a way to support "ingesting calls from files" yet. Obviously, I would rather promote broadcastify here on the RR forums. I'll be looking into how the interface works and see if there is anything I can do to support it.

bobbyricha

Premium Subscriber
I was doing fine until I wanted to go back in to admin and I have a password problem. Does anyone know how to reset the password, or delete and start over? I did change it from the default but may have committed a typo!

btt

Banned
Banned
I was doing fine until I wanted to go back in to admin and I have a password problem. Does anyone know how to reset the password, or delete and start over? I did change it from the default but may have committed a typo!
The easiest thing to do would be to delete or move the rdio-scanner.db file. This is where all of the configuration, audio archive, etc is stored. When you start the rdio-scanner server back up, it will create a new database.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
The only issue I have seen here is NOT a BTConfig problem.

Tried the Android Rdio app. The Rdio app display is working but no audio. Using the Web browser on Android the audio is all good. Must be an Android Rdio app issue on my tablet - no big deal for me. The Apple Rdio app works fine with audio on my phone.

I am using the P25rx as the server feed

My Wife's Cell phone (android) has no audio as well, seems everything else is functional, just no audio.

All is good on my iPhone13 Pro

HH

Reactions: btt

bobbyricha

Premium Subscriber
I am using the P25rx as the server feed

My Wife's Cell phone (android) has no audio as well, seems everything else is functional, just no audio.

All is good on my iPhone13 Pro

HH
I had the same and fixed with support from Rdio. Go into config on your server instance and on Audio Conversion select Enabled with normalization. You can try the others too.

Rdio told me this:

There's been issues reported in the past because people weren't using audio conversion or had it disable from the admin / config / options. Note that for audio conversion to work, ffmpeg must be installed on the same host as Rdio Scanner. Audio Conversion will convert the audio to a ACC/MP4 stream which is compatible with smartphones. Some audio formats don't play well on smartphones.

And I toggled those settings and it works on the Android app for me.

Of course you must have ffmpeg installed on the server, which you probably already have.

1656981935821.png

Reactions: btt

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
I had the same and fixed with support from Rdio. Go into config on your server instance and on Audio Conversion select Enabled with normalization. You can try the others too.

Rdio told me this:

There's been issues reported in the past because people weren't using audio conversion or had it disable from the admin / config / options. Note that for audio conversion to work, ffmpeg must be installed on the same host as Rdio Scanner. Audio Conversion will convert the audio to a ACC/MP4 stream which is compatible with smartphones. Some audio formats don't play well on smartphones.

And I toggled those settings and it works on the Android app for me.

Of course you must have ffmpeg installed on the server, which you probably already have.

View attachment 123877
Thanks For the tips,
BTW the browser function on the cell/tablet units works great! just not the apps on the droids

I will check this out, I am still experimenting with various items with this software.
Namly trying to get properly Labeled TGs into the config so they display correctly.

HH

bobbyricha

Premium Subscriber
Thanks For the tips,
BTW the browser function on the cell/tablet units works great! just not the apps on the droids

I will check this out, I am still experimenting with various items with this software.
Namly trying to get properly Labeled TGs into the config so they display correctly.

HH

The Rdio import works well for the TalkGroups. You need the system Talkgroups in TGID CSV format and import under tools:

1657122167683.png

This creates a new system that you use, filling out the rest of the info and then you can delete the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.