RDU Public Safety Feed Raleigh NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Received report from @cali457 that there was an issue with the feed, I've checked it and found it works fine when I'm not running Trunking Recorder. Apparently the two do not play well together even though they are on two different ports and two different computers, but same wifi network.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to remedy this situation? Until I figure this out I will not be using Trunking Recorder. Thanks for leting me know Cali457!

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
So most homes dont have "internet" addresses but something called 1918 address space, which is private and reusable (internet addresses are not suppose to be reused). NAT is a thing that allows translation between the two.

Point being, sometimes things copy each other in NAT, specifically the tcp/udp ports. Which can cause application issues.

Long story short. Is all this behind the same modem and router at your home? If so this may be the cause. You can fix without getting new equipment (also a fix) but will require changes in software probably.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Long story short. Is all this behind the same modem and router at your home? If so this may be the cause. You can fix without getting new equipment (also a fix) but will require changes in software probably.

Thanks for the explaination @zapman987 all this is behind the same modem and router. Not sure what fixes are needed in the software, but will start looking at it when time allows. In the meantime I'm not using trunking recorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.