Re-Banding Conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestrel

FYI - This morning I caught an interesting discussion on the Taylorsville PD talk groups. Someone (sounded like PD personnel) was calling each of the on duty officers, moving them to the car-to-car channel and instructing them on re-banding their radios. The conversation was the following;

"They need to re-band your radio again so stop by the fire station some time this morning to have it checked out."

Now, I do not know who "they" are and which fire station was being referenced. I thought it was interesting that the word "again" was used during each of the 3 separate conversations I caught.

Anyway, re-banding is always a hot topic. Just thought I'd throw this out there as another data point.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I think "they" are probably the UCAN Engineers and they may have had several radios flashed wrong. It's just one of those things that happens when you have so many people involved and so many units that need to be taken care of. I have heard the engineers talking to their office quite often to have the office send certain special information to their laptops to flash some of the radios. So getting all the radios ready for the change is not a small task. Actually, I hope it takes a longer time than they anticipated.

Utah_Viper

I think we are in for a summer of "fun" I have no doubt that the rebanding will cause some problems, issues, and headaches. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.