Re banding for MPSCS on a 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Just put in the new frequencies, mainly all you need is the control channel and alternate frequencies only. You can just do an Edit frequency and overwrite the current 868 MHz frequencies you have now.

More info
forums.radioreference.com/michigan-radio-discussion-forum/276830-michigan-rebanding-info.html

Last edited:

chipjumper

Just put in the new frequencies, mainly all you need is the control channel and alternate frequencies only. You can just do an Edit frequency and overwrite the current 868 MHz frequencies you have now.

More info
forums.radioreference.com/michigan-radio-discussion-forum/276830-michigan-rebanding-info.html

Ronaldski thanks for that info. Are you 100% confident that with the 996XT we only need the control channel and alternates programmed? I am just getting into this hobby again and I'm very rusty. I work as an LEO sometimes using the MPSCS and I'm curious if there is an easier way to pull off the tower site info from my APX7000? Like can I just write down the towers its hitting and make the scanner use that site?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
100% confident on the frequencies!
Since the switching has happened Ive helped out a good 30 people or so! One fellow from Alpena had a 996XT called me and I talked him through replacing the frequencies and he was getting stuff from then on.
Surprised me by seeing so many HP 1's about 10 of em. Others were 197,96,2096,106,396xt,996xt. All left with working radios ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.