Re-banding question for Uniden scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

OK, let's see if I've got this right. Using Motorola Type II 800 mhz as an example. My understanding is If you are using frequencies in the new re-banded section then the type is Motorola Type II Custom. If you are using frequencies that are not in the new re-band section then the type would be Motorola Type II. Have I got it?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
OK, let's see if I've got this right. Using Motorola Type II 800 mhz as an example. My understanding is If you are using frequencies in the new re-banded section then the type is Motorola Type II Custom. If you are using frequencies that are not in the new re-band section then the type would be Motorola Type II. Have I got it?

That's correct. See this link for what to enter on an 800Mhz standard rebanded system.

BC796DFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Personally, I'm curious if something like this could be used in conjunction with an old GRE superconverter to get 700Megs on an old BC796D. That'd be fun!

-AZ

cpuerror

You can use the custom site type for any Type II site type. If it is rebanded then you need to enter in the bandplan as well, but if not you can leave it blank. As for the old site types, VHF, UHF, 800MHz, you don't even need to bother with those old site types anymore. Notice in the new XT scanners they are axed altogether.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
That's correct. See this link for what to enter on an 800Mhz standard rebanded system.

BC796DFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Personally, I'm curious if something like this could be used in conjunction with an old GRE superconverter to get 700Megs on an old BC796D. That'd be fun!

-AZ
I am trying, unsuccessfully, to enter a new re-banded system, Smyrna TN Public Safety Trunking System. It is a Motorola type II Smartnet analog system. I read the link you referred to, but still do not understand what numbers I would enter in to the band plan, etc. Can you help? Thanks in advance.

Oldglide

Freescan instruction page

There is only one set of freq's for the re-banding. go to the Freescan instructions here on RR and go to the section "Creating/Editing a system" It will give you the right freq's and offset and spacing.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are using a 296 or 796, you'd probably be better off looking at this article...

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

This has a specific example of which screen to use, along with the values, if you are using ProScan. ARC250 shouldn't be much different (I don't have a screen shot of that software's rebanding screens...). FreeScan is set up for the DMA scanners, and neither the 296 or 796 use that technology. Bob can jump in here, but I think, like FreeScan, if ProScan detects that you are downloading a rebanded system from RR, it will automatically insert the proper table values.

73 Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
If you are using a 296 or 796, you'd probably be better off looking at this article...

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

This has a specific example of which screen to use, along with the values, if you are using ProScan. ARC250 shouldn't be much different (I don't have a screen shot of that software's rebanding screens...). FreeScan is set up for the DMA scanners, and neither the 296 or 796 use that technology. Bob can jump in here, but I think, like FreeScan, if ProScan detects that you are downloading a rebanded system from RR, it will automatically insert the proper table values.

73 Mike

I have the 396XT so if I put in the new frequencies, shouldn't it update automatically, without doing anything else, like entering this information? Please advise and thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are putting in the frequencies manually, and the system you are programming - you didn't identify it - is not P25, you will need to add data to the tables manually. I'm assuming you are talking about the Smyrna Tenn. system you referenced earlier.

The article I quoted above has the correct information as to how to fill the tables out, as does the FreeScan article (mentioned earlier) which has the same information. It's just applied differently due to the way the authors present the form, that's all

You might want to check in the Tennessee forum and see if there's anything out of the ordinary about that system, but under normal circumstances, this should work 73 Mike

[edit] Here's the database listing for the Smyrna system;

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=699

Something is very wrong here. It looks like the rebanded frequencies were appended to the non-rebanded ones, and the non-rebanded ones are listed as a separate site. Very strange. As mentioned before, this might be a case where someone in Tenn. is a better guide. To me it looks like the DB entry is screwy.

Last edited:

jimg

Premium Subscriber
If you are putting in the frequencies manually, and the system you are programming - you didn't identify it - is not P25, you will need to add data to the tables manually. I'm assuming you are talking about the Smyrna Tenn. system you referenced earlier.

The article I quoted above has the correct information as to how to fill the tables out, as does the FreeScan article (mentioned earlier) which has the same information. It's just applied differently due to the way the authors present the form, that's all

You might want to check in the Tennessee forum and see if there's anything out of the ordinary about that system, but under normal circumstances, this should work 73 Mike

Smyrna Public Safety Trunking System, Smyrna, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

Something is very wrong here. It looks like the rebanded frequencies were appended to the non-rebanded ones, and the non-rebanded ones are listed as a separate site. Very strange. As mentioned before, this might be a case where someone in Tenn. is a better guide. To me it looks like the DB entry is screwy.

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try when I'm in the area tomorrow.

hddude

ARC 250 software

Ok i own a 796d with the arc 250 software and i cant find anything in that software that supports any rebanding im totally lost. Do i need to down load the firmware and sofware from Uniden and then program the scanner with the Arc 250 ?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In a word, yes. ARC250 is distributed through Scanner Master - I'd ask Gommert if this package has been changed for rebanding yet. If it hasn't, both ProScan and Scan Control has. 73 Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber

Smyrna Public Safety Trunking System, Smyrna, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

Just a note to let you know when I entered the info you referred to in the Wiki, it worked and I am now receiving the system just fine! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.