• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Re-Banding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXEMT

How is rebanding going to work for the provoice system here in San Antonio, is everyone on the system going to have to take there portables in to have them reprogrammed or is there some kind of over the air type of set-up...just seems like it would take alot of time to have ever single person stop by and have them reprogrammed over a period of time. especially in a large city like San Antonio.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You posted this in the MA/Com-Net Ericsson forum, so I assume you mean your system is an EDACS one. If so, alll you will need to do is have the radio re-programed for the frequencies in the correct LCN order after rebanding.

TXEMT

thanks for the link, that is what i was looking for..more than likely here in San Antonio I would assume they would be using this given the large amount of users here on the city county system...And i posted in the MA/Com forum because San Antonio is a ProVoice EDACS system.

JungleJim

They would only be able to use over the air reprogramming if all the radios have that feature. Secondly it still takes a long time as each radio must be done one at a time so you would be using up a lot of system overhead. Furthermore, the reprogrammers would have to know what the personality for each radio is and then load the updated version for that radio.

What happens during rebanding is all the radios will have to be brought in and physically reprogrammed. The programmers will read what's in the radio currently, add the new frequencies and write it back to the radio.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I could be wrong here, but I do not think that ProFile allows for the system frequencies to be changed. Most anything else can, but not that...for the simple reason that if the radio
reprograms itself and moves off of the currently active control channels to control channels
that aren't active yet, then the radio will be "lost", in a manner of speaking.

I believe that ProFile allows changing most any other system data, but NOT the system's
trunked frequency set.

Again, I could be wrong.

Elroy

morganAL

I believe that you can program system freqs with ProFile. This is one of the points that S/N looks at during planning. If the radios have to be touched more than 2 or 3 times then they look at ProFile as cost saving alternative.

ElroyJetson said:
I could be wrong here, but I do not think that ProFile allows for the system frequencies to be changed. Most anything else can, but not that...for the simple reason that if the radio
reprograms itself and moves off of the currently active control channels to control channels
that aren't active yet, then the radio will be "lost", in a manner of speaking.

I believe that ProFile allows changing most any other system data, but NOT the system's
trunked frequency set.

Again, I could be wrong.

Elroy

Status
Not open for further replies.