Re-broadcast of RadioReference Feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freightguy

Why is it that I found another site, ScannerFeeds.us, listing my live feed that I provide you on their site?

1.) Is there an existing business relationship between you two companies?

2.) Are there any other sites re-broadcasting these same feeds?

3.) Why isn't this mentioned when you sign up to provide a feed?

ibagli

I'm pretty sure it's just a list of online scanners made by a third party, with the vast majority being ones here (that may or may not still exist). ScannerFeeds.us isn't "re-broadcasting" anything, so I don't understand why you mention it twice as if they were. It doesn't even link to the individual feed.

Last edited:

freightguy

My fault, bad choice of words (Re-Broadcast). Maybe I should have asked why the other site has the links to any RadioReference.com feeds on their site.

Here is the link to the page:

scannerfeeds.us - Content

Here is the link on the page to the feed that I provide:

Meriden Fire, EMS
Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com (includes 24 hour archive)

Here is the shortcut to the only feed for that area and subject matter:

Meriden Police Dispatch - Channel 1 Live Scanner Audio Feed

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ibagli is correct, they aren't rebroadcasting anything. They merely provide a listing of live feeds available both on RR and other sites. And to be honest, they don't even get that right as they are linking to the main RR audio feed page, not a link to each individual feed. Your concern is without merit.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Yes, i'm the Co-Webmaster that does most of the editing for Scannerfeeds.us. Unfortunately, I havn't had much time in the last few months to update it but nothing is being re-broadcasted. Think of it as a library of scanner feeds. It's not as fancy looking as RR's interface but i'm planning on renovating the individual page layouts and getting everything up to date here soon.

Jason

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
This thread does raise a question about archiving feeds that were captured from RadioReference. Does RadioReference assert any copyrights that might prevent someone from archiving and posting archives on another web site?

truckie36

Feed Provider
Nobody is remotely archiving RR Feeds. All this guy did was make a web directory for online scanners.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This thread does raise a question about archiving feeds that were captured from RadioReference. Does RadioReference assert any copyrights that might prevent someone from archiving and posting archives on another web site?

At the bottom of every feed page on this site:

The audio feeds and recordings on this site are released under a Creative Commons License.

Creative Commons - Attribution 3.0 United States

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I think Redburgundy is talking about in general, people recording the archives from here and posting on any site. None of that exists on Scannerfeeds.us though as it is all just links and nothing downloadable.

Jason

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
He asked about any copyrights RR asserts over the feeds/archives. The link I provided answers the question.

mitbr

I think Redburgundy is talking about in general, people recording the archives from here and posting on any site. None of that exists on Scannerfeeds.us though as it is all just links and nothing downloadable.

Jason
Hey Jason thanks for all the hard work on your site its a great resource.Live Clearwater pd feed.
kg4jjs
Tim

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
...so what about iPhone/iPod/Blackberry apps that DO re-broadcast the feeds from here? Is there some kind of licensing agreement with them (and there are a lot of them) and RR?

Just curious...

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
...so what about iPhone/iPod/Blackberry apps that DO re-broadcast the feeds from here? Is there some kind of licensing agreement with them (and there are a lot of them) and RR?

Just curious...

"They" do not rebroadcast the feeds either... they are just feed clients.

However, they do have access to our real time feed catalog which allows them to provide a great product and valuable mobile service - and yes, they have license agreements in place with us.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
"They" do not rebroadcast the feeds either... they are just feed clients.

However, they do have access to our real time feed catalog which allows them to provide a great product and valuable mobile service - and yes, they have license agreements in place with us.

OK...like I said...Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.