Re-Broadcast of UCAN System Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire822

Feed Provider
I came across this paragraph in the Wireless Services Weekly for May 18 2005.

A Utah County publication had a web site offering streaming audio of scanned UCAN public
safety radio traffic. The board was concerned that this was not only illegal, but could
potentially threaten officer safety. Legal comments were requested, and some have already been received. The issue will continue to be researched.

Has anyone ever had any problems from law enforcement in streaming audio over the net?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Fire822 said:
I came across this paragraph in the Wireless Services Weekly for May 18 2005.

A Utah County publication had a web site offering streaming audio of scanned UCAN public
safety radio traffic. The board was concerned that this was not only illegal, but could
potentially threaten officer safety. Legal comments were requested, and some have already been received. The issue will continue to be researched.

Has anyone ever had any problems from law enforcement in streaming audio over the net?

I would Like to have UCAN streamed as well as other ones. Viper had it streamed a while ago. I dont have the capabilities to stream audio yet, Maybe Someday.

brandon

Database Admin
A few years ago there was some guy that broadcast Palm Springs PD on the Internet and was forced to take it down after the city got all pissy over it. From what I understand, the LA City Fire Dept is another agency that would go ape if somebody streamed their audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.