Re: Helo forced to ground by F16 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHFSMR

Re: Helo forced to ground by F16 today

Here are the frequencies for the Presidential visit in Nor Cal.. The Awacs is over head call sign (Bigfoot) & two F16's Band 21 & Band 22. The are being refueled by a KC10 tanker. A white robinson helicopter was forced to land by an F16 as he was flying within the 30 mile restricted airspace over Placer County Today. I could see the missles on the wings & the canopy of the F16 as it was in a near stall to get near the helicopter. (very loud over residential neighborhood)

Here are the freqs.

271.000 F16's & Bigfoot
282.600 tankers
124.320 victor

Norman

I heard that! Also, quite a few warnings on 121.5 to aircraft violating the restricted air space. Norm.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
He's lucky that he will likely be only losing his pilots license. Could have been his life. Probably good listening though.

seamusg

ocscan said:
He's lucky that he will likely be only losing his pilots license. Could have been his life. Probably good listening though.
Had something like that here a while ago, the guy in the helo had his radio off and was flying over I75 near M59 looking for the Pontiac airport and flew over Bush's motorcade as they were heading to Pontiac airport. Saw the F16's leave the base flying low and very slow ( only 30 miles away). First time I ever saw a F16 fly that slow.

mkewman

those things can fly SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

you ever see a rosebowl flyover? those things were so slow, people in the stands covered their heads thinking the planes were going to stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.