Re-set scanner, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanconfused

Hello, very new to this. I reset my scanner tonight since our local pd started encrypting. I just want to have the scanner to how it was when I first got it and I don't think resetting it worked that way. Our Sheriff's Dept and other local pd's still have frequencies and I've tried all night to figure out the dumb scanner and I have no clue. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Scanconfused.

Delta33

If your PD's are Encrypted then you're Done.

You can reset whatever you like, but encryption will be the final result!

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
scanconfused- Lots of help here on the site- If you can give the model scanner you have and your location someone will likely help you get going. Another option would be to check the Wiki. likely it has a link to the manual for your scanner.

Good luck and have fun.

Redneck0410

What local area? The Pro-163 can only do conventional and analog trunking. If they went digital, you would just hear constant noise, kinda similar to squelch. If it is for sure encryption you're hearing, then I'm sorry to say you're up the creek. Your only option would be to find someone local who can program an old Motorola digital radio with the radio system you want. And even then, you're flirting with disaster because, if done incorrectly, your radio could possibly be turned into a thousand dollar doorstop.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

scanconfused

I live in Southeast Wi. I know other people's scanners are still working because I can download the scanner app from Broadcastify but I kind of wanted it on my scanner so I can I block out the unwanted scans. Snow plow drivers etc.

Redneck0410

I did notice, with a quick database search, that Sheboygan County switched to a digital system on the same day you started having issues with your scanner. Is this the area you're having issues with? If so, that Pro-163 will not decode that system. You would need to upgrade your scanner to a model capable of decoding P25. It is still a fairly new system, from what I can gather from looking at the talkgroup listing, so a little patience may be in order for everyone to get migrated over and talkgroup assignments figured out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.