RE: Submissions not going into the DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

RE: Submissions not going into the DB

The following was split from the MECA thread for further "discussion":

10006 is part of the system wide tac tg 10001 through 10011 are very active I have tried several times to have this put in the DB with no success so again I would urge every one to put these in to that group you can find out a lot of info on these 10001 through 10011 on both Systems 1 and 2

I just reviewed all of your submission to the site and not one of them indicate such. Not sure how you tried, but it certainly wasn't via submission.

Just to be clear, I will change the 10012-10026 to 10001-10011, correct?

OK, I made the changes. In the future, instead of saying you have tried several times to get these into the DB and that we aren't putting them in, please submit the info using the official submit data method (you have used before).

I try to keep tabs on the IN threads, but as a global moderator I read a whole bunch of threads from the entire board and sometimes I miss some local posts. I will never, ever, intentionally ignore information. If there is a reason it doesn't go into the DB I will contact you and let you know the reason.

ummm, not true, I submitted stuff as far back as two years ago and it STILL hasn't been changed and you haven't given any "excuse" for why it hasn't been changed. In fact in Dec or Nov I sent you updates on Hancock Co and, well, no changes made.......and no response as to why the changes weren't made.
Anyway back to MECA I will have some updated TGID's this coming week.

Last edited by a moderator:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
ummm, not true, I submitted stuff as far back as two years ago and it STILL hasn't been changed and you haven't given any "excuse" for why it hasn't been changed. In fact in Dec or Nov I sent you updates on Hancock Co and, well, no changes made.......and no response as to why the changes weren't made.
Anyway back to MECA I will have some updated TGID's this coming week.

*sigh*

The Facts:

First, your last submission to the site was 12-24-2008, which was an agency name change, and a bunch of frequencies with FCC info with absolutely no description of what they are used for. The name change was added to the DB. By site policy, if there is no description of use then they do not go into the DB. Anyone can search the FCC DB and find freq's for anything, but without knowing what they are used for they are useless to the DB. You were most certainly notified of this reason. Also, You submitted nothing in 2009. Your last Hancock County submission was 4-17-2008 which WAS entered and still is in the DB. And before that lone submission your last Hancock County submission was 10-17-2007.

Second, I don't make excuses. If it doesn't go into the DB, there is a valid reason why. I have been doing this 6 years now and I know what I am doing.

If you care to be more specific, ie: provide FACTS like ticket numbers, which you can find in your account submission history, I will surely have a look. Quickly looking at your submission history I don't see anything wrong. And I most certainly DO contact members via PM/Email when there is an issue. These days we have a new "reject" feature that automatically emails the user with the reason the submission is being rejected.

In closing, I am always, and always have been, available via PM and Email and anyone can contact me anytime regarding any submission questions or anything else and I have heard nothing from you, ever.

I take pride in my position as DB admin and treat all submissions seriously, as I/we appreciate all info submitted by our users. The DB is only as good as the people who submit info :)

Last edited:

Viper43

The FACTS
Still no reply to ANY of the submissions as to WHY they were not added.....but whatever, your always right and everyone else is always wrong.... and BTW I made a lot more submissions than what you listed....no biggy though because it's obvious your not worried about correct information.... As I said before... back to MECA and on topic.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The FACTS
Still no reply to ANY of the submissions as to WHY they were not added.....but whatever, your always right and everyone else is always wrong.... and BTW I made a lot more submissions than what you listed....no biggy though because it's obvious your not worried about correct information.... As I said before... back to MECA and on topic.

Again, Did you even bother to look at your submission history in your account like I asked you to? You can see the exact same thing I see and it lists every one of your submissions you have ever made.

You still refuse to provide me ticket numbers, which you can easily find in said account history, of what you are talking about. Why aren't you providing these and ignoring my request for them? Because you know they don't exist and you're just blowing hot air. I already addressed the one with unid frequencies and why they didn't go in and you were sent a note on this whether you remember it or not. How do I know you were? Because I always contact members.

Feel free to continue this here or contact me privately, but it needs to be with real FACTS, as in ticket numbers. I do not want to see anymore about this unless you intend to provide me ticket numbers of the submissions you say exist. Then I will address any issue there may have been with them.

Last edited:

Viper43

Funny since you made this a thread of it's own I have made several submissions and only one has been added and it was the ONLY one that I recieved any email on, the others, nothing, just as before explaining why the submissions weren't added, they just vanished as before as if they were never submitted. Worse yet the latest was from the schools licesnse.... so why wasn't the info added? Got me hangin!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Funny since you made this a thread of it's own I have made several submissions and only one has been added and it was the ONLY one that I recieved any email on, the others, nothing, just as before explaining why the submissions weren't added, they just vanished as before as if they were never submitted. Worse yet the latest was from the schools licesnse.... so why wasn't the info added? Got me hangin!

Even funnier, out of the hundreds and hundreds of submissions for both IN and KY I have processed over the last 6 years, you are the only person I have ever had an issue with. Wonder why?

Viper, listen man, I do not have the ability to delete submissions. I simply don't have a delete button. Once again, I tell you that if you bothered to check your submission history you will see the recent ones you submitted say "Open" which means they haven't been processed yet. I have been very busy with life the last week or so and will be working submissions here in a bit. Yours are not the only ones pending, there are others, so it's not just you.

Also once again, what you see in your history is what I see and is everything you have ever submitted to the site under the name Viper43. Every one of my submissions going back to 2003 is in my account history.

Chaser945

Scannerfreak.......He just needs to be paitent...You got around to mine in due time....I don't think ( don't know for sure ) that this is your FULL time job.. sounds like he just needs to relax and live life a little.

Yaris07

Scannerfreak, I'm not real knowledgeable on scanning like many others. But I'll tell you this much you and many others in here have helped me on general scanning that i could not have done with out this web site. This Viper43 has been very rude in many forms here. And i for one don't have time for his sarcasm. I have watched this guy for a long time with his know it all attitude, and I like a few others don't like it. I don't post here a lot, i do a lot of reading for input. For what it is worth Scannerfreak you keep up the good work here for people like me that truly respects your knowledge. Thank you for being a Moderator that helps those who respect it...... :} Like Chaser945 stated he just needs to relax and live life a little. Good luck man!

djbrane

I've sat back and kept quiet watching this play out. Now I feel I need to vent.

Scannerfreak has been nothing but helpful to me and many others. He has gone above and beyond anything he would ever need to do as a Moderator to help me when I had stupid questions. I have submitted many things over the years and he has always entered them. He has had questions on some, when he does, he IM's me and we get it all figured out. It might not be right away, but he gets to it. I am not the only one he needs to deal with and I realize that. Obviously something Viper43 does not realize.

Viper43: Chill
Scannerfreak: Keep up the great work!
Lindsay: Scannerfreak is one great Moderator. You should be proud to have him as part of your team.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

It wasnt added because it was a simple copy and paste from the FCC DB. And you know this.... It isnt your first time that your submissions have been omitted due to this fact.

That sort of info isnt useful to us here. If we wanted it, we would have simply gone to get it from the FCC DB. We only add confirmed information to the DB. Copying information directly from the FCC makes the validity of your submission suspect.

Your attitude has been noticed by many moderators and apparently members too... Not just Scannerfreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.