RE: TGID's on Unidenn BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

shteb13

RE: TGID's on Unidenn BCD396T

Please correct me if I am just slow but while scanning a receive certain channels that just display the ID # yet when I go to see what these are, I have the ID saved in my scanner

For example:

on my screen I see
ID:4112
which is identified as Toronto Police 11 Division

WHICH I HAVE PROGRAMMED IN MY SCANNER!!!
(sorry but this is really frustrating me....)

What gives?

bezking

I don't own any Uniden scanners, so take this with a grain of salt, but could you be seeing a Unit ID (assigned to an individual radio, so the dispatcher can see who is talking) as opposed to a TGID...

gatorhater

I had a similar situation in 2005. My problem had a simple solution, I reversed the talk group id numbers with the letters. Double check that you put the information in the correct order.
Good luck and I hope you resolve your issue quickly.

shteb13

I had a similar situation in 2005. My problem had a simple solution, I reversed the talk group id numbers with the letters. Double check that you put the information in the correct order.
Good luck and I hope you resolve your issue quickly.

Sorry call me a n00b but how would I reverse the TGID w/ letters?

K

kb0nly

Or you have it doing ID Search instead of ID Scan. I noticed that on my 396T, it was driving me nuts and i couldn't figure out why i was getting ID numbers instead of the names i gave them. And then i noticed it was in ID Search instead of ID Scan.

shteb13

thanks guys I really appreciate the help, it was the ID SCAN vs ID SEARCH thing.... thats why I am always looking upon these msg boards, so informative and the members are truly A1!!

ampulman

Or you have it doing ID Search instead of ID Scan. I noticed that on my 396T, it was driving me nuts and i couldn't figure out why i was getting ID numbers instead of the names i gave them. And then i noticed it was in ID Search instead of ID Scan.

Your programmed alpha-tagged TGs will show up in ID Search. I do it all of the time, just so I can catch a new TGID (396T).

Amp

K

kb0nly

Your programmed alpha-tagged TGs will show up in ID Search. I do it all of the time, just so I can catch a new TGID (396T).

Amp

Hmm, doesn't for me i don't know why but i can reproduce this problem just by tapping search. I have the latest firmware version so is it something that changed along the way?

K

kb0nly

thanks guys I really appreciate the help, it was the ID SCAN vs ID SEARCH thing.... thats why I am always looking upon these msg boards, so informative and the members are truly A1!!

No problem glad we could help!

ampulman

Hmm, doesn't for me i don't know why but i can reproduce this problem just by tapping search. I have the latest firmware version so is it something that changed along the way?

Tapping the SEARCH (SCAN) button will toggle the scanner between SEARCH and SCAN mode.

Amp

billy245

Premium Subscriber
You may be getting the talk group coming through on another tower site other than the site you have it programmed in to with the text on who it is. This happens when you have more than one system open. Especially when there are multi sites in a state system with different control channels.

ampulman

You may be getting the talk group coming through on another tower site other than the site you have it programmed in to with the text on who it is. This happens when you have more than one system open. Especially when there are multi sites in a state system with different control channels.

The 'T' doesn't do sites. If the towers are far enough apart that they won't interfere with each other, you could experience that problem if you had the second site's control channels programmed in the same system.

Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.