REACH/CALSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Ok, I know there are lots of past threads on this, but they are quite old and outdated.

I'd really like to nail down use of the CalCom stuff used by CALSTAR. REACH gobbled up some of the smaller medivacs and they are all one company now. I was able to confirm CS1 and CS12. Never heard any of the other units use any of the other frequencies. I can only confirm REACH 3 at Concord.

With all those other frequencies they use, there has to be more activity and hoping to confirm what helos match up with their respective frequencies.

I've also updated the wiki Private Air Ambulance (CA) - The RadioReference Wiki) to include all current bases, callsigns and tail numbers. The tail numbers are becoming more helpful as most of these are now trackable on ADS-B websites.

So if you wouldn't mind listening in your area for the CalCom listings Private Air Ambulance Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and confirm whats active and whats not, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I notice in the database some of the dispatch frequencies are mixup with the output and input are wrong

153.02750 503 DPL Mt Toro is the output and the Description should Salinas/SantaCruz/SanBenito

152.44250 Mt Chual - output Description Gilroy/San Jose

Not sure on the others

kma371

QRT
I notice in the database some of the dispatch frequencies are mixup with the output and input are wrong

153.02750 503 DPL Mt Toro is the output and the Description should Salinas/SantaCruz/SanBenito

152.44250 Mt Chual - output Description Gilroy/San Jose

Not sure on the others

Is there any source info on this system? Or are you referencing FCC license?

Those are already listed as outputs so I'm not following you.

Is there any source info on this system? Or are you referencing FCC license?

Those are already listed as outputs so I'm not following you.

No I monitor those frequencies all the time they are labeled as dispatch, but they are just input frequencies

kma371

QRT
No I monitor those frequencies all the time they are labeled as dispatch, but they are just input frequencies

Ok still not following. You said previously they are outputs. Now you say they are inputs.

What does it need to be?

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I turned the scanner on today for the first time in a while and I can confirm that CalStar is still active on the Santa Maria Dispatch and Santa Ynez channels.

kma371

QRT
I turned the scanner on today for the first time in a while and I can confirm that CalStar is still active on the Santa Maria Dispatch and Santa Ynez channels.

Can you advise which CS unit is being dispatched on Santa Ynez?

Also confirm CS 7 is being dispatched on Santa Maria?

Thanks.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Affirm on CS7 via Santa Maria. I heard traffic on Santa Ynez relating to the same call. They may be multicast. I'll keep listening.

kma371

QRT
Affirm on CS7 via Santa Maria. I heard traffic on Santa Ynez relating to the same call. They may be multicast. I'll keep listening.

Another question for clarification. Which Santa Ynez; 1 (152.3375) or 2 (152.9675)?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the above. However, CS7 is toned out directly by Santa Barbara County Fire. They respond on the assigned county channel and use CALCORD when over the scene. There is minimal traffic on the CalStar repeater with regard to the actual call. They use MED 5 to communicate with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. Cottage is the main trauma facility in the county and has a helicopter pad on the roof.

I have never heard any traffic on the Santa Ynez 1 repeater. By the way, the repeater is physically located in the same building on Santa Ynez Peak as a ham radio repeater that I am involved with. My user picture shows the towers at the building.

kma371

QRT
Ok so, basically CS 7 was listed on three frequencies. One of which likely had the input/output transposed.

152.9675 seems to be the winner. Anyone know he correct input?

norcalbusa

Reviving old thread.

CALSTAR is opening a new/added base at Watsonville Airport, probably next month (depends on the hangar build out. CALSTAR 14 will be the new EC-135 helo (H-135).

Speaking to the prior posts about the various brands and consolidations. In 2016 CALSTAR merged/was acquired by its competitor to the north REACH Air Medical. About 15 minutes later, both entities were folded into Air Medical Group Holdings, the largest air ambulance company in the world. Today, AMGH is over 320 helicopters and bases and is also merged or is merging with AMR Ambulance.

In that area; CALSTAR 2 in Gilroy, CALSTAR 7 in Salinas, CALSTAR 14 Watsonville and others in Oakland/SF, Concord, Napa, Santa Rosa, Modesto and so forth.

A membership product that's been sold for some time by AMGH is accepted across the entire network, called Air Medical Care Network. $85/year covers everyone living under your roof.

Calstar 5 is in Salinas 7 is in SLO. I remember they tried out a base in Hollister I guess it didn't work out. Now that mercy air is in Fort Hunter Liggett and the opening of the level 2 trauma center here Calstar calls have gone down alot here.

norcalbusa

Calstar 5 is in Salinas 7 is in SLO. I remember they tried out a base in Hollister I guess it didn't work out. Now that mercy air is in Fort Hunter Liggett and the opening of the level 2 trauma center here Calstar calls have gone down alot here.

Thanks for the correction, I'll fix that. Yeah, the Hollister base got setup in 2008 and then the economy tanked, so they never staffed it. Oh once in awhile they'd go by for a looksee, but that was it. The portaquarters is still there- must smell like crap 10 years later...

scottyhetzel

Reviving old thread.

CALSTAR is opening a new/added base at Watsonville Airport, probably next month (depends on the hangar build out. CALSTAR 14 will be the new EC-135 helo (H-135).

Speaking to the prior posts about the various brands and consolidations. In 2016 CALSTAR merged/was acquired by its competitor to the north REACH Air Medical. About 15 minutes later, both entities were folded into Air Medical Group Holdings, the largest air ambulance company in the world. Today, AMGH is over 320 helicopters and bases and is also merged or is merging with AMR Ambulance.

In that area; CALSTAR 2 in Gilroy, CALSTAR 7 in Salinas, CALSTAR 14 Watsonville and others in Oakland/SF, Concord, Napa, Santa Rosa, Modesto and so forth.

A membership product that's been sold for some time by AMGH is accepted across the entire network, called Air Medical Care Network. $85/year covers everyone living under your roof.

Membership is a deal. It cost 30k for them to fly me from Glamis to desert regional. My deductible was still 3k.

scannermike11

Banned
first you are right the data base has a ***** of 157 freq that is junk they are all
input freq to 152 outputs the RR data base is wrong a lot here is one case
thought out the state cal 153.0275 just many tones or 153.445
if you e-mail a scannermike@mail.com i will e-mail with the cal-star tones
i can put them out here

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Air bases missing from database

Mercy Air has many bases in California. Here is a start so that maybe you can add this to the Wiki and as we get more confirmed base numbers and helicopter call signs, we can add it. I messaged Mercy Air to get a full list.

Mercy Air 1: Rancho Cucamonga
Mercy Air 2: Victorville
Mercy Air 3:
Mercy Air 4: Anaheim
Mercy Air 5: San Diego
Mercy Air 6:
Mercy Air 7:
Mercy Air 18: Thermal
Mercy Air 27: Brawley
Mercy Air H285: Big Bear (With BBFD)

scannermike11

Banned