REACH helicopter base opens for medical flights at Mather Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Santa Rosa-based REACH Air Medical Services is now operating out of a new base at Mather Airport, the company announced Tuesday.

REACH in July said it would move to Mather by October pending negotiations with the airport. Setting up the base took longer than expected.

The company's new $7 million Eurocopter 135 medical response helicopter based at Mather is under contract to bring patients to the UC Davis Medical Center, which is the local level 1 trauma center.

REACH expects to have 14 employees at Mather, including maintenance, aviation and clinical workers. The base is staffed around the clock with certified flight nurses and paramedics, in addition to the pilots and maintenance support.

REACH — originally known as Redwood Empire Air Care Helicopter — also has Northern California bases in Stockton, Marysville and Redding.

REACH helicopter base opens for medical flights at Mather Airport - Sacramento Business Journal

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out their callsign yet out of Mather? I heard them on Sac Air-to-Air today but they got clipped by my priority channel.

kma371

QRT
REACH 1 Santa Rosa
REACH 2 Stockton
REACH 3 Concord
REACH 6 Lakeport
REACH 7 Marysville
REACH 17 Mather
REACH 18 Ukiah
REACH 50 Sac Metro

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Reach 9. El Centro , imperial co.
Reach 11. Thermal ( Palm Springs)
Reach 13 upland, San bernardino
Reach 16 Oceanside , orange co.

Yes those are the others :)
But since this was no cal thread I only listed our local ones.

mkewman

are they actually using radios? I thought they did all satcom stuff and only used aviation, calcord (on scene), and hospital frequencies when landing their helos, all dispatch was cellular and satellite. Have they changed this?

kma371

QRT
are they actually using radios? I thought they did all satcom stuff and only used aviation, calcord (on scene), and hospital frequencies when landing their helos, all dispatch was cellular and satellite. Have they changed this?

No and no. He may be referring to ATC comms

this was just discussion on new helo station.

Status
Not open for further replies.