• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Read but wont write

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgeb3855

I have an F3161 I can read the radio with the cloning software (version 2.8) but it will not write back to the radio. I can read the radio and immediatly try and send the information back and it still will not accept the information. It appears to begin sending information then the box pops up stating "No answer from transceiver"

kgeb3855

It beeps and appears to start the little box pops up like its about to show the little blue blocks the it quits

kgeb3855

O.K. i was looking at the software I purchased and it is CSF3160-5060 is this the correct software or did I purchase the wrong version

RADIOGUY2002

Inspect your cable

Inspect your cable, ensure the software version you have is compatiable with the firmware of the radio. Try those apporaches first. Check your pins on the radio as well. It appers to be primarily a write issue.

kgeb3855

How do you tell which versions are compatiable with each other? Is there somewhere i can get a list?

RADIOGUY2002

Its usally

Its usually off by .2

2.6 software works with 2.8 firmware, and yes the ic-f3161/4161 does passport as well which is a different software package.

kgeb3855

When I turn on the radio holding Po and P3 the first line that appears is that the Firmware version?

RADIOGUY2002

Yes

It will go threw a setup prompt and read somthing like check sum and then it will display a number rev version 2.6 or whatever appiles here.

kgeb3855

O.K. it looks like that might be the problem I hope, the version on the radio is 2.5 and my software is 2.8. Where would I be able to get the firmware upgrade the guy I purchased my software from doesn't seem to have it listed on his web site? As you can tell i am new to ICOM have been using Moto thought I would try a new radio not sure how I feel about it.

SCPD

QRT
I have an F3161 I can read the radio with the cloning software (version 2.8) but it will not write back to the radio. I can read the radio and immediatly try and send the information back and it still will not accept the information. It appears to begin sending information then the box pops up stating "No answer from transceiver"

For those that have this problem in the future......

Press and hold P0 button as you turn the radio on. After the radio display goes to the channel info, release P0. Now write to radio. I had this problem a year ago, and called ICOM. I know this was an old post, but never saw the answer posted. Hopefully this will save someone else future problems. The tech at ICOM told me to do this, and it works every time. It seems like 50% of the time i try to change my radio programming, i have to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.