• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Read This -> How to get TALK PERMIT TONES on your radio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiTaLD

If you are on a trunked network, and your radio is programmed to emit tones, if you have the Tones ON/OFF selection enabled in a Mot radio menu, does setting it to "OFF" disable the TPT as well?
Yes. Disabling the tones using the Tones On/Off selection also disables the talk permit tones when on a trunked system. It makes the radio completely silent except for whatever signals it receives coming out the speaker.

Scanner4221

Yes. Disabling the tones using the Tones On/Off selection also disables the talk permit tones when on a trunked system. It makes the radio completely silent except for whatever signals it receives coming out the speaker.
No it doesn't. Talk permit or busy tones will always be audible wether the tones setting is set to on or off.

SCPD

QRT
Ive always heard the Talk permit tones using the DTMF method on the other radios. I didnt explore it too much maybe tried a few diff settings but just ended it there. Always heard it emit on the recieving radios. But was more of a test and to hear the tone :)

rapidcharger

Cop Sounds are real easy on Kenwoods. You can customize your own special alert tones (both the duration of each tone and the frequency) and set them to sound when you key up the radio. You can also do a PTT ID sidetone or proceed tone, which ever suits your fancy. If you set your volume high enough and your delay time long enough it'll even go through the mic too. Heck, you can even have the thing sing "La Cucaracha" to you when you key up. Maybe I should make a you tube video on how to do it.
think.gif

I would be surprised if of those motorolas you couldn't enable pttID sidetone to make that same chirp or something similar to it. I know that icoms will do it.

Last edited:

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
No it doesn't. Talk permit or busy tones will always be audible wether the tones setting is set to on or off.

I had to learn this the hard way.

...You can customize your own special alert tones (both the duration of each tone and the frequency) and set them to sound when you key up the radio...

I knew you could make different tones for alerts and such, but how in the hell do you set them for TPT/PTT? I thought that was totally separate?

Need help: Astro mobile error 12032 / unrecognized radio

I would like to ask some info regarding the error encountered on my subject, while downloading the codeplug on 100% suddenly prompted the error, i tried to power off and on all device still same problem. Im using dell laptop, 300 mhz CPU and DOS mode on ASTRO Programming software version 3.0.0.

**Your comment and suggestion is highly appriciated**

Thank you :)

W2NJS

DOS programming?

I would like to ask some info regarding the error encountered on my subject, while downloading the codeplug on 100% suddenly prompted the error, i tried to power off and on all device still same problem. Im using dell laptop, 300 mhz CPU and DOS mode on ASTRO Programming software version 3.0.0.

**Your comment and suggestion is highly appriciated**

Thank you :)

If you're using a DOS RSS to program you should be booting from DOS 6.22 and bypassing your regular OS completely. The so-called DOS that operates under W95/98 and XP is not the equivalent of DOS 6.22. The so-called "imitation" DOS will often read the radio okay but usually fails when you attempt to write to the radio. In addition, a 300 mHz CPU is almost certainly too fast to run 6.22 correctly, so even if you boot directly into 6.22 it's likely you'll still have a problem. You can download DOS 6.22 for free from several sources on the internet.

ther0ck

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not at all. I appreciated the opportunity to learn something new myself. I hope you don't mind my adding your info to the OP. :)

It's damn funny that you posted this right after i watched the YT video, which didn't give ANY info except for what he was READING.

we need a WRITTEN, step by step, menu by menu, setting by setting directional posted here

W2NJS

TPT tones...more info...

Can TPT be done on an APX7000?

If you're legally on a trunked system a TPT can be part of your program. Otherwise, the only Motorola radio that will do a TPT today is a TRBO. The TPT on the TRBO means absolutely nothing but it IS a TPT tone.

gtaman

If you're legally on a trunked system a TPT can be part of your program. Otherwise, the only Motorola radio that will do a TPT today is a TRBO. The TPT on the TRBO means absolutely nothing but it IS a TPT tone.

I think he wants the hack like in the ht1000 and xts 5000 to do it in a conventuals freq. thier also the DTMF way.

W2NJS

Yes, I thought of that, but all that hacked tone stuff is just that, and it doesn't sound like a TPT at all. Well, maybe in some vague way it does but we all know what it really is, and it ain't a TPT.

4-crime

Yes, I thought of that, but all that hacked tone stuff is just that, and it doesn't sound like a TPT at all. Well, maybe in some vague way it does but we all know what it really is, and it ain't a TPT.

Well I have programmed it on a few XTS5000's in conventional mode and it sounds exactly like TPT. So I am not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't sound like TPT at all. And also, I am not looking to get on to an trunked network. I was inquiring how to do it on conventional channels on an APX7000.

gtaman

Well I have programmed it on a few XTS5000's in conventional mode and it sounds exactly like TPT. So I am not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't sound like TPT at all. And also, I am not looking to get on to an trunked network. I was inquiring how to do it on conventional channels on an APX7000.

I don't know if it can be done. I use on my cp200 the dtmf trick with #### and it sounds somewhat like one.

SFD790

CP 200 XLS TPT

I read the sticky, but still do not understand how to prpgram the TPT Into my CP 200 XLS. Everyone in the county that has a radio (HT 1250, PR 400, CP 200XLS-- ALL VHF BAND) Their radio programed, that whem someone keys up or the is traffic on the channel, it goes "Beep" then listens for traffic,( if that made any sense) is this the TPT???

Status
Not open for further replies.