Reading City (Berks) Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone out there monitoring Reading's rebanded trunked system with a PRO-106? I cannot seem to get this scanner to track this system. If I put the TSYS in Analyze mode, I can hear audio on indivdual freqs and get the CC info. Trunking the system, though, gets nothing. I've got the Type set to MOT 800/900, Tables set to Custom with a bunch of alt trunking tables programmed that I got from this site. When I do get audio while trunking, it is always a motorboat type noise that sounds like the data stream for PA's STARNET system. Just curious if I am getting too much interference from PA's system or something. I've tried listening from Reading proper all the way north to Hamburg (mobile on 422/222/61) and from the Lake Ontelaunee area.\

I have been able to track the rebanded Bethlehem system just fine with the custom tables that I programmed, so I know they work for something.

bauker

Some of the channels are encrypted, so you will never decode them.
Others, like EMS, are P25 digital audio, so does your unit decode that?
Some of the channels are still analog; check the RadRef ID table.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The PRO-106 handles digital. I was able to monitor the Reading system with no problems before it was rebanded.

The PRO-106 also handles rebanding and I am able to monitor Bethlehem's rebanded P25 system, so I am not sure what special tweaking I need to do to get this scanner to properly track the Reading system.

As I stated, I hear all the audio just fine when I sit on one of the system freqs conventionally (including analog voice, digital voice, and encrypted talkgroup noise). When the scanner is trunking, it only seems to stop every now and then and whenever it stops on a talkgroup, the audio is identical to the noise you hear when monitoring a freq used by PA's STARNET OpenSky system.

I'm wondering if there is a STARNET freq or freqs in use in Berks County that is adjacent to the Reading control channel and which is causing interference on the scanner...that's all I can figure, really.

My main problem is that I am usually just passing through the area for work a few times per week, so I don't have time to sit for hours to try different settings and tweaks or do much searching for adjacent frequency interference. I was hoping someone local to the area might have a better idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.