• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Reading personality into ProGrammer V 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

OK, back into Satans nightmare. Just got 4 Jaguar 700Ps, 2 the RU101219, and 2, KRD 103181. Now the many times asked--How do you get around the wrong version errors. Been here many times, just can't remember how I got past this.
Messed one of the RU radios up bigtime in trying a restore with Maint. Really looking to fix this as this flavor is the only two that go provoice.
Cant risk loosing the personality on the one good one.
I do know once a good plug downloaded, no more issues at all. A whole lot easier reworking a plug than starting from scratch.
The KRDs I built a working plug (lot of work) and AEGIS, but the original is history.
Any help here would be hot.
Thanks.

TDR-94

OK, back into Satans nightmare. Just got 4 Jaguar 700Ps, 2 the RU101219, and 2, KRD 103181. Now the many times asked--How do you get around the wrong version errors. Been here many times, just can't remember how I got past this.
Messed one of the RU radios up bigtime in trying a restore with Maint. Really looking to fix this as this flavor is the only two that go provoice.

That's kinda tends to happen when you muck around with software that you don't know how to use properly. You should stay away from RPM. Hopefully you haven't been affiliating on on any EDACS systems in the process.

merlin

That's kinda tends to happen when you muck around with software that you don't know how to use properly. You should stay away from RPM. Hopefully you haven't been affiliating on on any EDACS systems in the process.
Well given I made my living working with 2-way radio, mobile telephone and such, one can guess I know what I am doing.
RPM is just Programmer V20 and newer.
EDACS and other trunking protocols getting old hat.
Even been in the same boat several times before, just don't remember my workaround steps. Documented this "somewhere" like now where did I put that.

merlin

The problem is solved and now have all the documentation needed. Not so difficult.
Fixed the bad code so the radio works fine.
Break out box of parts time, 2 radios have hardware problems, traced to bad connection or ribbons in the front cover.
1 of those, a bad PTT button.

jparks29

John McClane
Well given I made my living working with 2-way radio, mobile telephone and such, one can guess I know what I am doing.
RPM is just Programmer V20 and newer.
EDACS and other trunking protocols getting old hat.
Even been in the same boat several times before, just don't remember my workaround steps. Documented this "somewhere" like now where did I put that.

You 'made your living working with 2 way radio'.....

But, you don't know that MDC1200 and G*Star are 2 completely different formats, and you're giving out bad info on HDDB15 on M7100 cables that you told someone they were wrong that they weren't used for programming, when they're specifically used for that function, and even calls it out in the manual....

I'm gonna guess you're a lot less experienced then you claim to be, because what you're saying is completely incompatible with the questions you're asking and the statements you're making.

merlin

Been retired over a decade and trunking/cell phones were new kids on the block. I got away from Motorola back when the micor was front line.
Worked for Wilson electronics designing the synthesized receivers for their portables.
Spent 8 years in defense electronics and radio like coms for the F-18 etc. did plenty of satellite work too.
You learn as much as I have you realize how little you know, but you learn by asking right ?
We all have our niche and a lot of new technology down the line while I had my head stuck in MQ-9 and RQ-4. (that is old stuff now)

merlin

Well, sifting through the 350,000 lines of code for programmer, I see my problem. Not all that easy for the spaghetti bowl and clusterf#$% of code.
A simple program, massive room for improvements. Lots of repeated code and copies of that for Canadian and European radio.
Now I know how this parses all the different files I know I could patch this with the ver7 file code.
Might be a simpler task writing my own 'Programmer'. Maybe a new DLL can get around this.
Gleaned all the codes that make a given radio do what it does talking to programmer. Progress but lots of work and time.
I see they still do silly stuff like swapping word bytes then streaming them in big endin, Did that with the Delta SX.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I just don't get the need to read one of these radios. Just create a new personality and program.

merlin

I just don't get the need to read one of these radios. Just create a new personality and program.
I do that with most radios but a few have code I really want to save and add to it.
Breaking down programmer, I have discovered Ericsson complicated the barf and feces out of something very simple.
Going to try a script do do everything the radio can do, no programmer, just commands I am building a list of.
Writing my own version of programmer is no harder than creating a new personality.
Visions of a software defined radio keep coming up, even DMR. got to find the limits of the DSP and that is hardwired with OTP programming.
I have an MPA to try first, then M7100, then jaguar 700P.
73s

Status
Not open for further replies.