Ready to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsperkin

I don't really think anyone will read this, but I'll try.

Sorry if I'm breaking a rule or violating some geeky law with regard to posting in forums...

I have searched here, googled, yahoo'd, emailed and done everything I can do to figure out how to only hear TWO people on this scanner. If i have only programed two talkgroups for the sheriffs office, but still hear every fire, emt, lifelight, park maintanance...how do in only hear Washington County Sheriffs Office channel 1 and channel 2. (SO1 and SO2)
There must be a way I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks,
j

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you have a trunktracking scanner that can operate in "closed mode", just program the two TGs you want in there.

From a pro97 user, so that might not help you at all :D

edit for additional...

I see you have a pro164, which is built by GRE. If you have the system programmed correctly, then just set that bank in closed mode and just have what you want programmed (and unlocked) and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Don_Burke

According to another post from him, he has a Pro-164.

Can anyone here tell him how to get into the closed mode?

I don't really think anyone will read this, but I'll try.

Sorry if I'm breaking a rule or violating some geeky law with regard to posting in forums...

I have searched here, googled, yahoo'd, emailed and done everything I can do to figure out how to only hear TWO people on this scanner. If i have only programed two talkgroups for the sheriffs office, but still hear every fire, emt, lifelight, park maintanance...how do in only hear Washington County Sheriffs Office channel 1 and channel 2. (SO1 and SO2)
There must be a way I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks,
j

Grog

Banned
If (big if) the 164 operates just like the 2055/97 series, then this is snipped from the Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual which is located at http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html#open_closed_modes

Open and Closed Modes

Each channel bank can be set to open or closed mode.
In open mode the scanner will receive:

(1) all channels in AM, FM, CT, and DC modes, that are not locked out.
(2) all IDs in MO, ED and LTR modes, even if they are locked out in the ID list.

In closed mode the scanner will receive:

(1) all channels in AM, FM, CT, and DC modes, that are not locked out.
(2) only IDs in MO, ED, and LTR modes that are programmed into the ID list, and not locked out in the list.

In other words,

If you want to hear all IDs, scan in open mode. If you want to hear specific IDs, program them into the scan lists and scan in closed mode. If you want to hear specific IDs and not hear other IDs, program them into the scan lists, lock out the ones you don't want to hear, then scan in closed mode.

Don_Burke

This is from the manual I just downloaded from radioshack.com:

To set Open or Closed mode for a bank:
1. Press MAN.
2. Use up arrow or down arrow to select a bank.
3. Press FUNC then DELAY. “Bank OPEN” or “Bank CLOSED” appears.

Grog

Banned
This is from the manual I just downloaded from radioshack.com:

To set Open or Closed mode for a bank:
1. Press MAN.
2. Use up arrow or down arrow to select a bank.
3. Press FUNC then DELAY. “Bank OPEN” or “Bank CLOSED” appears.

Well duh, I knew I forgot something. I had the instructed for how to change back and forth copied, and forgot to post it. I guess I am getting old :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.