• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Real Stories of the Highway patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnCowden

what ever happened to this show ??? real stories of the highway patrol. Id love to get copies of this show. I do believe thats what it was called. Great show!

okla-lawman

They were sued out of exsistence A trooper was in pursuit and crashed into some civilians. They victims/families sued on the ground that if the tv crews were not on board that the trooper would of not driven as had orvmight of trminated it. When e trooper admited that on the stand the producers lost BIG. I will have ti get the recorder out. I was on Reall Stories twice.

nexus

I was just fixing to say that it comes on FOX's Reality Channel which is on Directv, unknown what other cable stations carry it, but if you don't have it you can go here ( http://www.foxreality.com ) to see about requesting it or get info where to watch it.

I have yet to see the show on CourTV, but then again I'm not watching that channel all of the time. I use to watch it too, but find COPS more interesting, that and DALLAS SWAT.

Also instead of taping shows, you could just go buy the DVD. Amazon has them. Just do a search for real stories of the highway patrol.

NeFire242

This was filmed like an episode of COPS then? All I've ever seen have been reenactments or video footage from dash cams.

kgasso

Premium Subscriber
NeFire242 said:
This was filmed like an episode of COPS then? All I've ever seen have been reenactments or video footage from dash cams.
Only seen it a few times, but yeah, that's all I recall too. Some interviews, reenactments, and dashcam footage.

BoxAlarm187

Many, many years ago, I got a RSHP tape for a present. The entire tape involves troopers responding to bad accidents. Everything on the tape is "live," much like COPS is filmed.

I only saw it a handful of times on TV, so I don't know if all of the episodes were like this or not.

CVPI4Ever

I miss this show also. My former teacher was on it (when he was a Trooper) and he played the tape for the class. None of that stuff was the reall thing like cops. It was all re-inactments.

ECPD279

If I remember correctly the two leading segments of each show were shot in the COPS style, then the final segment was a reenactment of some notable incident for which there was no original video. I seem to remember lots of COPS style things like the Utah trooper who was talking to a guy who had a joint over his ear. The dude insisted he DID NOT have any weed. Then there was the CHiPpie in L.A. who got chased by the homeless gal with the broken bottle. It was a pretty good show. I also miss LAPD "Life on the Beat".

NeFire242

Yeah I miss LAPD, "Life On The Beat" too... Awww, can still hear the Modat...

That was a great episode with the joint over the guy's ear and the Trooper asked several times if the guy had done any pot that night. haha. All caught on tape. Gotta love that.

scankid2591

Dish Network has FOX Reality on it too... RSHP is entertaining... And I saw some episodes that were filmed something like COPS... Gotta love that song in the beginning! :D Bring back the times of square-bodied cruisers, FedSig JetSonic lightbars, and those shiny revolvers!

NeFire242: What's a modat?

Status
Not open for further replies.