Real Time Crime Center, Newark

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I caught the “Real Time Crime Center“ on SPEN 1 today. Perhaps someone has insight on Comm’s for this group?

A google search yielded a fair amount of history on the RTCC, all of it news to me. Lastly off topic. ”Stop Sticks” heard them deployed yesterday by State on a pursuit up 287. Also news to me.

Comm’s RTCC, NJICS perhaps? TIA.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I caught the “Real Time Crime Center“ on SPEN 1 today. Perhaps someone has insight on Comm’s for this group?

A google search yielded a fair amount of history on the RTCC, all of it news to me. Lastly off topic. ”Stop Sticks” heard them deployed yesterday by State on a pursuit up 287. Also news to me.

Comm’s RTCC, NJICS perhaps? TIA.

So, basically think about RTCC like something you would see in a CIA/NSA film where they're real-time pulling and aggregating information from numerous sources to direct spies and agents where to go to catch the target. Except...with local, county, and state agencies. They have the ability to real-time receive (rather than search/pull) information from ATS, ACS, NCIC, InfoCop, various municipal and county CADs, from the ROIC, traffic cameras, EZ-Pass, remote LPR's. It's almost Hollywood stuff. The result is an advantage for agencies in the Route 19/21 corridor where there is particularly high-crime, and to assist agencies in cases that somehow tie back to that region. Last check, they have access to pretty much every communications system north of I-195. They do absolutely have a talkgroup on the NJICS, but the likelihood of identifying it is slim to none being it would be using NJSP ID's and is encrypted.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Very cool, thanks for that. Now explains how I hear references to real time hits on LPR’s over the radio. Good intel. Very different than the ROIC.

markjrenna

All very exciting to listen when there is a felony pursuit out of the Newark area....

Status
Not open for further replies.