Realistic Pro-107 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab6xs

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to let you all know that I ordered my new Pro-107 through RadioShack's website on the 28th of last month. As of today (Dec. 2, 09) my item has still not shipped out. I'm wondering if they are already out of stock on this item. I contacted my nearest RadioShack about availability of this item in their store and was told directly by the manager that they will "not be carrying the Pro-107 in their store." That made me wonder why? I emailed RadioShack directly about my online order and have not received word yet on its status. I will keep you all up to date on this as it develops. Regards, Kevin...(San Jose, CA.)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference Kevin.

Sorry to hear that about the online order. It sounds like they lost the order in the system somehow. Lets hope they are able to make it good.

Stores that actually have them in stock are scarce in some parts of the country. I tried a few over the Thanksgiving holiday with no luck, yet other are reporting them in at least in a single quantity per store.

Let us know what you think when you get it in hand.

judyfinkle

My wife ordered one for me yesterday from a local store, and its there today.

Not a bad price, $229.99 - 20% off coupon my mother in law had, $183.99 - $15.00 mail coupon = 168.99 plus tax @7% = $180.82 total

Got it an hour ago, works great....................

Jay

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Shipped to store of was it in stock at the store, Jay? Looks like they are available in all your nearby RadioShack stores.

What did you think of the browse and create playlist?

Last edited:

ab6xs

Premium Subscriber
Dave - Very easy and intuitive to use. Very nice. By the way, Radio Shack emailed me today in response to my previous email telling me that shipping would be 3-5 days after the original order. Then they told me an additional 3-5 days before I would receive the radio. I'll let you all know when I receive it. Kevin...

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Just wanted to let you all know that I ordered my new Pro-107 through RadioShack's website on the 28th of last month. As of today (Dec. 2, 09) my item has still not shipped out.

Warehouse closed from 26th to 29th. Orders shipped first in, first out. You have at lease 2 days of other internet orders ahead of you. should ship by the 3rd or 4th

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Does the manual cover all the light settings? The preliminary manual mentions press the power button to briefly toggle it on or off. All the options must not be right in the draft because it mentions Leave for the default settings, On, or Flash according to the flash pattern set. It also mentions Lite Area and Lite Time.

jamesa53

ab6xs, did you get your pro-107 yet? I'm seriously considering buying one and I need some real user feedback.

What do you want to know about it? I have one. I like it cause it is small and lightweight. Disadvantage is you have to pull the SD card from it to update either the library or your configuration via software. It has good audio.

Also its an analog only trunking scanner.

dereklh

Premium Subscriber
Pro-107

Funny deal with this radio. After seeing the 107 on line and seeing comments on this group I visited my local RS to take a look. They had never heard of the 107, couldn't even find it in their system. I visited another RS and called a third, same story. I live in MO, just outside St. Louis, so we are a bit out of the loop. Anyway, I just went on line and found it discounted by $50. Also, if I have it shipped to the local RS (the one who had never heard of it) I get free shipping - total cost $187.59. I just took the plunge and placed the order.

Happy Holidays...............Derek

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm happy to finally see the discount for Christmas. I'm in the same boat as you, none to be found in any of the nearby stores or areas where I'm traveling over the holidays. It seems that shipment to stores is limited to certain areas. I'm sure Santa will bring one once the elves have pointed out this lower price. :eek:

dxscannerman

Hi All, I picked mine up yesterday for 180.00 here in snohomish wa. I had went in last week and asked about them and the guy there had never even heard of them. So anyway I called them just on chance that I might get someone totally different a few days later and the person that I talked to was all excited and said that they had just brought in 6 of them and that 3 had sold already. He said that none of the other stors had any. He asked if I wanted to put one on hold and I said You bet. So I picked it up and came home and loaded the total snohomish co emergency system in it and tried comparing it to my other scanner to see how it performed. All works great, the sound is good although not quite as good as my pro97 with normal manual rotary knob, The 107 volume stops at a digital 20 and needs to be about 14 - 16 for comfortable listining at least for me. While the pro 97 was constantly stopping on channels the 107 just seemed to keep on scanning but would periodically find the same freq. I think that by loading the whole (not just part) of the snohomish co system it must be to large to scan effectivly, so I am going to put the sd card in my laptop and clear the whole playlist and start over by just adding portions of the county freqs. I think this will make it scan better. At least I hope so. Other than that is is pretty cool, it's so small and compact will fit rightin a shirt pocket. It does feel well built and solid. Just the idea that you can travel somewhere and set a playlist in a few minutes will really be neat. Anywhere here in the USA. Merry Christmas Everyone and Fun Scanning to All

CStarr59

Hi All, I picked mine up yesterday for 180.00 here in snohomish wa. I had went in last week and asked about them and the guy there had never even heard of them. So anyway I called them just on chance that I might get someone totally different a few days later and the person that I talked to was all excited and said that they had just brought in 6 of them and that 3 had sold already. He said that none of the other stors had any. He asked if I wanted to put one on hold and I said You bet. So I picked it up and came home and loaded the total snohomish co emergency system in it and tried comparing it to my other scanner to see how it performed. All works great, the sound is good although not quite as good as my pro97 with normal manual rotary knob, The 107 volume stops at a digital 20 and needs to be about 14 - 16 for comfortable listining at least for me. While the pro 97 was constantly stopping on channels the 107 just seemed to keep on scanning but would periodically find the same freq. I think that by loading the whole (not just part) of the snohomish co system it must be to large to scan effectivly, so I am going to put the sd card in my laptop and clear the whole playlist and start over by just adding portions of the county freqs. I think this will make it scan better. At least I hope so. Other than that is is pretty cool, it's so small and compact will fit rightin a shirt pocket. It does feel well built and solid. Just the idea that you can travel somewhere and set a playlist in a few minutes will really be neat. Anywhere here in the USA. Merry Christmas Everyone and Fun Scanning to All

Try this antenna 800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com it should make a big improvement and right on par with you pro-97

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Just the idea that you can travel somewhere and set a playlist in a few minutes will really be neat. Anywhere here in the USA.

If only this were true. In many states in the U.S., public safety communications has switched to digital, an environment where the PRO-107 will not work at all. Michigan being one of them.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
True, but consider the PRO-107 as a pilot program to step to a radio with theses features and P25 decode. It's just a matter of time.

ajball

Agree with DaveIN. This is step 1. Next offering will be digital. I had a similar experience in my RS store. They never heard of the radio. Bought online yesterday $179. Use this one for awhile, sell it on ebay when the digital one comes out - no brainer!

K7CAR

Thanks for the update, I was able to pick up the last one at Snohomish RS and get the 10% online discount. If anyone is buying one local ask for the online discount. I used code FRNFM10 at the store and it worked fine for a price of $161.99. If that doesn't work do a Google search and there's at least 5-6 more codes. When I was checking out, I heard the cashier tell the customer ahead of me they had a 10% off coupon for the next purchase. If they don't give you the 10% at checkout I'd tell them to hit the road.

So far I like what it does. 100 hours with my Uniden BCT15X, 5 mins with my RS 107.......I think the nod goes to the RS! I have a hard copy paper manual with my RS 107, no paper manual with my 15X or anyway to print one???? I have the entire RR database in my 107, or just a smidging with my 15X. WTH was Uniden thinking? Hello, I hope this scanner kicks some old style thinking in the head. It doesn't have to be that difficult really!

sjlamb

When the digital version becomes available (and.... it will), look for it to be released by and initially available directly from GRE and GRE dealers only..... with RS stores to follow sooner or later. Response to the Pro-107 will ultimately dictate the price of the digital version. Releasing the analog only version of a new model before the digital has become, it seems, an unspoken industry tradition..... and for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.