Realistic Pro 2006 keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy128

the keypad on my pro 2006 is getting a little hard to use. Where can i get replacement parts for it, and can I still get the Repair Manual. If so where can I get them? The scanner still works like new, after all these years that the only problem im having with it!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
As long as all the keys function you should feel lucky. If you have key that do not work, after cleaning the contacts on the keypad and pc board, the best place to look is eBay for a "new" keypad.

billyboy128

I have a few number keys keys that I have to really push hard to get them to register. I thought the keypad is sealed? I'll check the pc board and see where the contacts are.

N1BHH

That's going to be tough as the keyboard is no longer available. I too was looking to get one for mine, the 3 button is stodgy. I have heard of people taking it apart and using some alcohol on the contact points, rubbing it gently, then air drying it and putting it back together and getting it to work. You'd really need some bench experience to do it. I've taken some scanners apart for simple stuff and found the problem to be a bit too much, and I've done lots of them before.

You might look around some more. G&G Communications in Albany, NY, is a good place, but they show on their list the keyboard is unavailable now. Here is their site: http://www.iinc.com/ggcomm/index.html

billyboy128

that's the same key, the 3 key Ive been haviung trouble with. Ive chcked the C&G site it says the keyboard is no longer avalible. I think the keypad is a sealed unit. Ive talken this one apart years ago to do a modification,but like you, it's a little too complicated for me without specific instructions. Thanks for you help!

raisindot

This has nothing to do with the question at hand, and this may be a biased group, but how many of you think that the 2006 was one of the greatest--maybe the greatest--scanners ever? The frequencies, the flexibility, the modding, the pure cool look of the thing--it was great. I felt very sad when I sold mine a couple of years ago to move completely into the handheld world--its time had passed (for me at least).

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.