Realistic-Pro-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopherr

I have a Realistic Pro 2006, and I am wondering if it is possible to pick up police, fire or ambulance with it...if so what are the frequencies?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have a Realistic Pro 2006, and I am wondering if it is possible to pick up police, fire or ambulance with it...if so what are the frequencies?

Well, lets see, The frequencies I listen to in Denton County, Texas are not the same ones I need for Fayette County Kentucky and most likely are not the ones you need so with the information you provided, we have no clue as to what frequencies you need.

You can do your own research (It is easy) by going to to Database Home and drill down to your State, County, City to find your frequencies.

Christopherr

Yeah I need to know if it does trunking or digital. I live in Ontario, Canada.

I can't pick up any police, or EMS but I have fire on the 140mhz frequencies.

MOTOROLANUT

Welcome to RR, Use the database like the members above suggested. The Pro 2006 was on the cutting edge of scanners back in the early 90's..And its still prized by some today..LOL I outta know I had three 2006's in my day...

freqs

I use my 2006 every day its does not do digital it does not track trunked systems but you can monitor them I do. You just have to lock out the Control Channels .Its a great radio for air military tow trucks power company's things like that I love the 2006 and will never sell it .

Christopherr

How do I lock out the control channels?

I'm new to all this.
When you say monitor, do you mean listen to..
Like whats the difference between the 2006, and a scanner that tracks trunked systems or is digital?

Last edited:

freqs

How do I lock out the control channels?

I'm new to all this.
When you say monitor, do you mean listen to..
Like whats the difference between the 2006, and a scanner that tracks trunked systems or is digital?
...... How i do it with Oakland Co mi program all the freqs in the trunked system and them hit the lock out button when you hear the freq that is the control channls now you have to lock and unlock those freqs when the Control channel changed here they change a few times a day .
What I mean by monitor is in fact listen to .
Digital is a mode like am -fm -and then digital mode not the digital screen read out on the scanner .Your best bet is to ask more read more and learn a little bit and you will have fun with this hobby in time take your time . Check out the wiki here lots of good info .good luck

Squad10

Christopherr

...... How i do it with Oakland Co mi program all the freqs in the trunked system and them hit the lock out button when you hear the freq that is the control channls now you have to lock and unlock those freqs when the Control channel changed here they change a few times a day .
What I mean by monitor is in fact listen to .
Digital is a mode like am -fm -and then digital mode not the digital screen read out on the scanner .Your best bet is to ask more read more and learn a little bit and you will have fun with this hobby in time take your time . Check out the wiki here lots of good info .good luck

How do I know when to press the lock out button? How do I know it's a control channel?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Oh, you'll know - the sound will be very unpleasant to listen to.

You should go to our Eastern Canada forum (since I see you're in Ontario) and ask around. You might be surprised at the other things that you still can hear, even without trunking...73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.