Realistic PRO-2026 "Patrolman"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Ok sounds good on still working.

I had one of these years ago, but it lost the memories with the power was cut. Was basic programming without alpha tags, but still took some time to enter 100 frequencies. In those days just had a hand written list of the frequencies in the radio to program again.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
PSX_20210427_173204.jpg

Nice radio, I owned one also. This was one of the later patrolman radios from Radio Shack. They had a few portable radios in the patrolman series, I had one of the first table tops in the mid sixties, it was called the pro 1. It was a VHF high slide rule dial tunable radio that was made of heavy metal and manufactured by GRE Japan, we didn't have any trade agreements with China till Richard Nixon.

I lightened the photo up and if you look at it horizontally if you're able to do that you can see that it actually had service search. It's called band search, but band search was actually just that,PSX_20210427_175506.jpg were Radio Shack scanners could only search a band like the whole VHF high band, this actually was limited to services, and ended up being called service search.

A wonderful radio, in its day. I will rotate it if it helps anyone... Bob.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I have the Bearcat "sister model", it still works as well as it did when I bought it back in the early 90's (somewhere thereabout)...these were used in a lot of law enforcement vehicles back then.1619578930143.png

PACNWDude

I had the Radio shack version myself. worked great mounted in the dash of a Toyota Corolla at the time, filled the void under the radio and looked like it could have come from the factory. People would ask which kind of premium stereo I order for the car, as it looked like something well made. Helped a lot living in rural Wyoming. Often would hear about prison breaks and state patrol wants and warrants on that scanner. I need to search some of my stashed boxes, as I do not recall ever getting rid of it, but do not currently know where it is. It did not get sold with the car.

ridgescan

I've had my Pro-2066 in my truck since 2007 which seems in-generation with your 2026. This pic is from 2008 but that rig is still working in the same mount spot to this day. Suffered many hot days and many cold ones too. You can't kill these older RS scanners!

Ravenkeeper

I have a Realistic Pro-2026 too. My scanner and CB inside of my center console, in my 2015 Silverado. I’m still trying to find a way to lock it into my 2018 Silverado.

Attachments

• 268A5745-80FB-4CFA-9460-13DB20C682EF.jpeg
    268A5745-80FB-4CFA-9460-13DB20C682EF.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I had mine in my Thunderbird in College. The only department I couldn't hear was Hartford PD, who were on this brand new radio system called "EDACS". I think I sold mine or gave it away.

FPR1981

I have a nice old Radio Shack trunking scanner at home. I wasn't sure whether to toss it out or keep it, since everything around here is encrypted. I wasn't sure if it would be worth putting on ebay and selling or just putting it in the trash can.

ridgescan

I have a nice old Radio Shack trunking scanner at home. I wasn't sure whether to toss it out or keep it, since everything around here is encrypted. I wasn't sure if it would be worth putting on ebay and selling or just putting it in the trash can.
NEVER the trashcan! Closet, garage, hell under the bed even-but never the trashcan unless you blew it up.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
eBay it. Old scanners sell fairly easily!

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I have the RS version of the 2026, same thing I think except it doesn't say "Patrolman". First scanner I ever bought and got me hooked, still use it from time to time, although it won't hold memory, I'm guessing there is a battery that needs replaced? I need to take the cover off.

jhooten

they do fairly well as a dedicated air band receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.