Realistic Pro-39 Repair Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnotsel

Can someone help with identifying a part on my realistic pro-39? I believe it to be a shielded variable inductor but i do not know the value of it. It is the square metal, orange top, shielded device on the left-center of the picture.

I bought the device used and this was broken so i have no way to test the inductance if it is in fact an inductor.

It appears to have 5 legs on the bottom and 2 mounting pins.

It has a part number on the side but various internet searches showed nothing.

I dont have the number on hand and can post that later if someone could help me.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Agnotsel

Can you tell us the component designation on the PCB?

Hello gmclam! Thank you for your reply. The PCB designates this part as T307. I have included an image which shows the writing on the component as well if that helps identify it. I appreciate your help!
20191204_154608_resized.jpg

Agnotsel

why all the concern for just that part ?

Hello wtp, and thank you for your reply. I bought the scanner used, which came with the broken part. I was informed that the scanner functioned fine until this part broke during adjustment. I was not told what the part was. It was a $5.00 scanner so I would love to be able to get to know what part I need to replace to get the scanner working.

The scanner does power on and "scans" through frequencies I program, but I only get static. The reason I opened up the scanner was to see what part had broken, and I heard a rattling. The little orange adjustment piece had broken off inside the scanner. I placed it back where it went to take the picture, but the actual reality is the shielded housing is empty - as in something majorly broke off - maybe the ferrite core?

Anyhow, I know its used and damaged, but I love to tinker with stuff. Also, I know I could buy a new scanner or another used scanner but this was the model my dad had when I was growing up, and we used to sit on the porch and listen to it together. It brings back memories for me.

I hope this information helps! Thank you in advance for your time and help.

wtp

i have broken many of those cores.
you could unscrew it and just try anyone that fits.
i know this sounds horrible, but if it is broken, you could fix it by mistake.
best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.