Realistic Pro-45

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Picked myself up a Realistic Pro-45 today (for free :) ) with 8 crystals (only scans 8 frequencies at a time). I dont need or want any of them, but its nice to have them around. The scanner appears to be in great shape, and works well.

Does anyone have a link to an owners manual? I've half hearted looked, but any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a 30-50 / 150-170 MHz scanner, so what would happen if I put a 27mhz crystal in it? I would like it if I could use this as a weather and CB (a few channels) monitoring station for my house.

In case anyone wants to know what it looks like, heres a link. I'm too lazy to take pictures right now :)

RadioPics Database - RadioShack/Realistic - Patrolman PRO-45

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If it is 30-50 MHz it will not receive 27 MHz. Also CB is AM which it can not receive. If you can find a crystal for your local weather station it should work.

No big deal but Realistic was the Radio Shack brand so this should have been posted in the Radio Shack forum. This forum is for manufacturers other than Radio Shack, GRE, Icom, AOR, and Uniden.

Last edited:

n5ims

Picked myself up a Realistic Pro-45 today (for free :) ) with 8 crystals (only scans 8 frequencies at a time). I dont need or want any of them, but its nice to have them around. The scanner appears to be in great shape, and works well.

Does anyone have a link to an owners manual? I've half hearted looked, but any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a 30-50 / 150-170 MHz scanner, so what would happen if I put a 27mhz crystal in it? I would like it if I could use this as a weather and CB (a few channels) monitoring station for my house.

In case anyone wants to know what it looks like, heres a link. I'm too lazy to take pictures right now :)

RadioPics Database - RadioShack/Realistic - Patrolman PRO-45

If you bother to check the link you provided with the pictures you should find that just under the big picture at the top of the scanner, there's a list of the specifications and other information on the scanner. One piece of that "other information" is something named "Related Documents:" which if you look at what that Related Document is you'll notice that it is "Owner's Manual (3.50 MB)". If you click on the "Owner's Manual" link, you'll get a .pdf of the (wait for it!!!) ---> Owner's Manual. At least you did admit to only doing a "half hearted" search.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
@n5ims, The link does not work for me, hence the reason i asked.

Sorry, I completely forgot about that little AM and FM thing :)

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Back to this topic, I FINALLY got around to looking at this scanner again. Thanks to krusher here on the RR forum I was able to get 2 NOAA frequency crystals, this scanner will be my NWS.

I am currently building an antenna for it (will post pics in the 'Build You Own Antenna' section hopefully soon). Nothing too fancy, just a 1/4 wave ground plane. I've done some mods to it as well, so I'll post pics of that soon to.

The reason for bring this topic back up though is because I need some cleaning/tuning advise. Does anyone know how or what to clean/peak and tune these scanners? This thing has been sitting a while and I'd like to freshen it up before I put it into service (albeit light service).

SpectreOZ

I use the 3-in-1 contact cleaner made by WD40 (available from automotive outlets) and an old tooth brush to clean my old electronics it evaporates rapidly without leaving a residue, cleaned the defunct attenuator switch on my Kenwood R1000 a treat...

If you find there is other frequencies you are chasing (and you cant get them on Fleece-bay) you might want to check out Ken's Electronics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.