Realistic Pro-64 woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushman101

I do realise that the pro-64 is now quite an old scanner, but i have a qouple of questions for anyone farmiliar with either it or the pro-92.

I have a very low serial number unit which i have owned since new, but due to moving house 5 times in the past ten years i can't locate either the drop in n8cad pack or the AA battery pack (black one).

I am going to attempt to actuallybuild one from scratch but i can't remember which of the 3 pins inside the scanner are possitive and which are negative.

Any guideance would be gratefully received. Thanks crew.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Before you go too crazy about resurrecting this old scanner, make sure that you'll have use for an analog-only non-trunking scanner. Check your local public safety agencies to make sure they're not all digital by now. If, on the other hand, you're just looking to monitor analog or air band, I would buy an AC adapter to make sure the scanner works at all before thinking about a battery pack or AA battery holder.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I do realise that the pro-64 is now quite an old scanner, but i have a qouple of questions for anyone farmiliar with either it or the pro-92.

I have a very low serial number unit which i have owned since new, but due to moving house 5 times in the past ten years i can't locate either the drop in n8cad pack or the AA battery pack (black one).

I am going to attempt to actuallybuild one from scratch but i can't remember which of the 3 pins inside the scanner are possitive and which are negative.

Any guideance would be gratefully received. Thanks crew.

1631739023371.png
6AA Battery Holder for Earlier PRO-Series Radio Shack Scanners.

wtp

the flat parts that touch the battery are positive
the springy ones are negative...
so by looking at that picture the one at the end is positive and the one in the middle is negative.

bushman101

Thanks for your help everyone. I have just finished open heart surgery on a plastic battery holder without destroying it and it was successful . I am indeed restoring it to use for the air band , it was rarely used from new and has a serial number below 100. So I figured I'd take it out of storage and play with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.