Realistic pro 78 scanner help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatterboo

Hi..I am new to this forum and to scanners really..I was given a realistic pro78 scanner receiver with no antenna or instruction manual...I have searched for both and have had little luck in finding the manual...and am sooo new on how to work with one. Anyone have any ideas...also does it have to be the antenna specifically made for this receiver or can one be "made"?
Thanks in advance for your help ....

typesix

Radio Shack should still have a generic antenna for it. Part # is 20-161, it uses a Motorola plug(like car radio) not a BNC plug. It is not listed on the online catalog, but I have seen it still carried at Radio Shack. You can find some catalog info on it on radioshackcatalogs.com, this was likely built during the mid 1970s.

k3cfc

Silent Key
Realistic pro 78 manual

Hi..I am new to this forum and to scanners really..I was given a realistic pro78 scanner receiver with no antenna or instruction manual...I have searched for both and have had little luck in finding the manual...and am sooo new on how to work with one. Anyone have any ideas...also does it have to be the antenna specifically made for this receiver or can one be "made"?
Thanks in advance for your help ....

It is pretty straight forward.you put in the crystals for the frequencies you want to listen to and that's it. you push the white buttons on the front to turn off what you don't want. this is a crystal radio and the crystals are not cheap anymore. depending on where you live it may not work for you.

K3CFC

Status
Not open for further replies.