Realistic Pro2024 Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02_grandam

Hey all,

scanning using a Realistic Pro-2024. We're at my cabin, around 30 miles away from any broadcasting location that we'd like to listen to. Just on the teloscoping antenna, we can hear some transmissions, however it is fairly static. If we hold it up higher, it comes in a small amount clearer, but not too much. So, we'd like to run an outdoor antenna. From what I can see, it has an F connector to plug the coax into it. The question is, where can i pick up one of these antennas for a decent price, used or new? Thanks!

digitalanalog

you need an adapter
"F" to BNC or "F" to RCA or what ever type antenna existing end you plan on using.
go to radio shack or other electronics location and ask them, you might also consider
just putting a "F" connector on your antenna coax, which would be the best way to go and eliminate
any and all adapters when possible.

Good luck

02_grandam

Still trying to figure out the antenna cable connetion on the scanner. I now believe it to be a Motorola type plug. Here's a picture, any of you guys know?

img2012012200182.jpg

Thanks

r_eugene1

Still trying to figure out the antenna cable connetion on the scanner. I now believe it to be a Motorola type plug. Here's a picture, any of you guys know?

img2012012200182.jpg

Thanks
That is a Motorola plug on the back of the scanner. You can purchase a Motorola male plug for coax cable I think. "If I am wrong someone please correct me." Or if it was me I would get a SO-239 to Motorola adapter or buy a Motorola male plug from Radio Shack. It's what ever you want for your application.

digitalanalog

I spoke in correctly in my previous thread.

here are 2 different adapters and there are others available as well depending on what antenna connector is on the antenna you plan on using.

Last edited:

af0h

Thanks

Yup, the connector in your pic is a Motorola. Same connector as a Car Stereo uses for it's antenna. You'll probably have to use a PL-259-to-Motorola adapter available at Rat Shack or Online - if you plan on using a standard Coax Cable. A solder-on F-connector is easy enough to install on the Antenna-end of your Coax.

Or - use the high grade 'Satellite Dish' coax assemblies and one of the above-pictured adapters. This is probably the easiest route to go.

Last edited:

02_grandam

Ordered a ProComm Spider SP-800 Antenna today, and was able to get the Motorola plug from my local shop. Should be up and running by next weekend! Should be much better than the samll extendable on the back of the radio as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.