Realistic Trc-409 cb radio question 1990 vintage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camster

Hi i have a Realistic Trc-409 cb radio,my question is it was purchased in 1990 is it still useable in 2008?i plugged it in and hear static no voices.let me know or point me to a board that can help .Thanks

n2mdk

If it works it's still usable there have been no changes to the CB band since then.

jb872033

depending on where you are there might not be anyone using CBs anymore...in CT here very seldom do I hear anything on mine...it seems that with the popularity of cell phones now the originial purpose of CBs has become a bit archaic...i still have mine and lock it in on channel 9 but im not sure the police even monitor it anymore like they used to here...depends on where you are though...it seems from what i have read on this board that some areas still use CB a lot...if you hear static adjust your squelch a bit...the best time to listen is late at night to early in the morning...thats really the only time i hear anyone on it anymore...having said that and with no intention of rehashing a previous thread, you may find that it is not like it used to be listening. a lot of people hae become very vulgar and wildly inappropriate on this band...a shame really, but hopefully you are where people still use it for its original purpose...happy listening out there and good luck...

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.