BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Really Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

15plus1

I think Amazon should issue a prorated refund for Amazon Prime for those of you paid a premium for it.
Doubt that's gonna happen. I bet in the fine print of the agreement, there is an exception for certain things like this.
Many of my Amazon shipments for the last 2 months have been delayed. Nothing I absolutely had to have. I think for now it's reasonable to put up with delays 'till things get back to 'normal'. Gotta look at the big picture.

smason

Scannermaster's pricing is higher with shipping, but no sales tax. Good folks to support as well....
Yeah, Amazon.ca had the best deal. I wanted to support local, but as usual, our local shops are well... not so competitive. One had the p2 listed for $556 CDN, but no stock. I emailed to ask when they were coming in, the reply was "2 weeks from when you order"
The other one had it listed for over $700. Then I spotted it on Amazon for $550 so I ordered. 4 days later the local shop that said 2 weeks had them in stock, but now at $639. :(

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The other issue is that items that are made in China will possibly be in short supply for the time being. They shut down too and are getting up to speed again. I remember when we used to wait three or four weeks for our Heathkits to arrive via parcel post. One time I ordered an oscilloscope kit that came by railroad express because of the weight. Express it was not.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The other issue is that items that are made in China will possibly be in short supply for the time being. They shut down too and are getting up to speed again. I remember when we used to wait three or four weeks for our Heathkits to arrive via parcel post. One time I ordered an oscilloscope kit that came by railroad express because of the weight. Express it was not.

Not to distract from the original post... But... Heathkit... That's awhile ago... Still works too...

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 61

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Uniden scanners are currently manufactured in Vietnam.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I have a device on order from Amazon. They say it's arriving Monday. Fedex says it's arriving today. Not holding my breath, but it has been shipped. Another supplier quoted 7-14 days to get it in stock let alone ship. Right now you have to shop around. Some have inventory others don't. Some have fully staffed shipping departments others don't. By the way, the price was the same either way. Amazon has the advantage that they may have multiple sellers.

mrkelso

I will not be renewing my Prime after all of these years with Amazon. Covid or no cover they have failed in keeping up their end of the contract. Not mad or anything, i just won't buy from them anymore.

smason

Is Amazon still holding up shipments of non-essential items?
Seems to be selective. We've received some things in 2 days, some shipped right away but took a week (snail mail across the country) others seem to be deliberately delayed. Gotta say, my scanner is more important than my wife's nail polish. Don't tell her I said that...

Status
Not open for further replies.