REALLY Dumb Trunking Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Will it improve my scanning speed on my BCT-15X and 996XT if I remove the voice channels on a trunked system and program in only the control channels?

Thanks guys...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Will it improve my scanning speed on my BCT-15X and 996XT if I remove the voice channels on a trunked system and program in only the control channels?

Thanks guys...

If you only program the control channels you will need to select "Control Channel Only".

In that mode the scanner reads the control channel data and does not scan all the trunked frequencies anyway. It wouldn't affect the scan speed.

I see you went with a whiskey call too. ;)

Last edited:

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well I think with all scanners,the less freqs you have will increase your scanning speed because the scanner has less to scan through.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Eliminating trunked frequencies will not affect scan speed in any noticeable way (well, unless you eliminate the control channel, in which case it scans much faster).

Eliminating programmed channels (Talk Groups) will not affect scan speed in any way at all.

scanningisfun

Well I think with all scanners,the less freqs you have will increase your scanning speed because the scanner has less to scan through.

It will not make it any faster because as the other person said, it only listens to the control channel when passing through. Use control channel only anyways though because it keeps it simple when programming your scanner.

captclint

Mentor
As stated, not much you can do about trunked systems, BUT, you can speed scanning by sorting all of the conventional freq/sys/group in ascending or descending order. This is best accomplished with software.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Thanks guys...

Try killing your delay feature on all of your less important talkgroups, and limit your conventional entries. ;)

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.