Really like my new 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

Got my 325P today and was wondering what version of freescan everyone is using to program it.
Right now I am using 2.17 for my 396XT but I see there Is a 2.18/beta 2 and 2.18/beta 3.
Can I just use the same file from the 396XT?
If I decide to do Dmr I know I will have to purchase the upgrade and that freescan wont do Dmr.

Chuck

Download the latset version.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the 396/996XT still a good workhorse radio. We like the crisper audio too. 325P2 is rolled off towards the upper end of the audio spectrum...

Am I reading this right that you find the 396 audio superior to the 325?

Does upper end of audio spectrum mean "trebly", if that's a word?

DeDawg

2,18 Beta6 works once I downloaded the drivers for the 325.

Got my 325P today and was wondering what version of freescan everyone is using to program it.
Right now I am using 2.17 for my 396XT but I see there Is a 2.18/beta 2 and 2.18/beta 3.
Can I just use the same file from the 396XT?
If I decide to do Dmr I know I will have to purchase the upgrade and that freescan wont do Dmr.

Chuck

GM

Premium Subscriber
I also love the BCD325P2. The features I like about it is its compact design, easy to read font, BNC connection, seems to work pretty well in an LSM area (my experience) and the Bank/Group feature. One drawback I can't seem to figure out is how to go to a specific channel quickly, like I could with the BC296D. I believe there is a way, but I haven't read the owners manual in full and digested it to my brain yet. There are so many features packed in this little unit that it's mind boggling. I did see how you can do a Band Scope with it, and I'm still exploring more about the radio. I also notice the signal sensitivity overall is, for the most part strong. I would strongly recommend the BCD325P2 over the BCD436HP.

I still have not figured out how to monitor DMR simplex. I currently have an area business that uses DMR simplex, and I have it programmed as an OFT with the correct talkgroups, frequencies, color codes and slot numbers, but have not heard anything come across the scanner as of yet. I programmed it with the info from DSD+ and when I had my BCD436HP, I heard them, programmed with just the Color Code and Frequency.

Now if Uniden releases NXDN for the 325P2, I will also purchase the key for my radios as well.

milcom_chaser

I also love the BCD325P2. The features I like about it is its compact design, easy to read font, BNC connection, seems to work pretty well in an LSM area (my experience) and the Bank/Group feature. One drawback I can't seem to figure out is how to go to a specific channel quickly, like I could with the BC296D. I believe there is a way, but I haven't read the owners manual in full and digested it to my brain yet. There are so many features packed in this little unit that it's mind boggling. I did see how you can do a Band Scope with it, and I'm still exploring more about the radio. I also notice the signal sensitivity overall is, for the most part strong. I would strongly recommend the BCD325P2 over the BCD436HP.

I still have not figured out how to monitor DMR simplex. I currently have an area business that uses DMR simplex, and I have it programmed as an OFT with the correct talkgroups, frequencies, color codes and slot numbers, but have not heard anything come across the scanner as of yet. I programmed it with the info from DSD+ and when I had my BCD436HP, I heard them, programmed with just the Color Code and Frequency.

Now if Uniden releases NXDN for the 325P2, I will also purchase the key for my radios as well.

One of the menu options you have under each frequency when you hit the enter key is the "Set Number Tag" That's what you need to go to a specific channel quickly :)

Seems you should be able to create a wildcard for a DMR channel, and it will pick up all color codes on both slots.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I received my 325P2 today and have spent a few hours this afternoon programming and playing around with it. First impression? I don't know why people knock Whistlers' EZScan because it is INFINITELY easier to setup and organize your scanner vs this system/group key mess. That works fine for P25/EDACS etc trunking systems but what a mess for DMR. The fact that I need to create an entire system for a DMR channel is nuts. I have sites that I want to monitor that have 2 or 3 DMR frequencies with maybe 1 or 2 talkgroups per frequency. This is a super simple setup with Whistler as you enter frequency/group/slot/CC all on one line and assign it to a scanlist. Done. Making multiple sites for each frequency is a royal pain in the ***.

That said, DMR sounds good (seems much more bassy than my WS-1088) and the compact form factor is very nice.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We actually trunktrack the DMR, so the systems need to be set up as trunked systems.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah, I get that. But it sure is a lot of extra work setting things up and trying to keep track of systems/groups. These systems I'm setting up are 'conventional' DMR so it seems like overkill for that...but I understand where you are coming from.

scannersnstuff

Although i'm happy with my bcd325p2, i'm not happy that the silk screen key's are rubbing off, after 4 month's. Come on Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.