Really like my new 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I have had just about every scanner ever!
Most do not work for beans in a car.
Most recently was using a 996T with a remote head to keep it away from the dash interference.

For the record, the GRE/RS/Whistler scanners are deaf in the car, do not know about the TRX2 mounted remote and not spending all that money to find out.

Tried the 325P2. Works GREAT. Outside antenna of course. Using the Radio Shack amplified speaker, has plenty of audio have to turn it way down. But it works GREAT! No birdies at all so far, no stuck channels, receive is at least on a par with the 996, only this is mounted to the dash! And of course it does Phase 2 and DMR for a slight extra charge.

Very very impressed with this unit.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Same here, this is my go to scanner. A true compact scanner with plenty of features that is user friendly. I've been using the RS Stubby antenna with the 325P2 while in my truck and swear that I'm receiving more signals than I would with the 436HP and RS 800Mhz antenna.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I too am extremely happy with my bcd325p2.

My '325 is much more sensitive than my '436, which is a real plus in my weak-signal listening environment (northern New Mexico).

I like the RadioReference database programming feature on the '436, but that hasn't been enough to offset its relatively poor radio frequency performance and all the other problems (clock, missing capacitor, missing features, no NXDN, etc.) that came with it.

W5JCK

I have owned several Uniden scanners in the past, including the BCD436HP and BCD536HP. I have been somewhat disappointed with both. The BCD436HP can be a bit deaf on UHF unless you have a really good antenna, and the BCD536HP has developed the low backup battery and dim screen light syndromes. Both have terrible LCD screens that are difficult to read, though the BCD536HP is better than the BCD436HP. At any rate, I bought the BC125AT several months back and fell in love with it. Perfect size, great sound, good ears, and easy to read and bright LCD screen. I loved it so much that I then bought the BCD325P2. Ditto for it, I love this scanner. I rarely turn on the BCD536HP anymore and I just sold my BCD436HP. Uniden did well with these two new scanners. I'm glad they returned to using the older, better style of LCD screens. I also like that they don't need a darn SDcard, which has been problematic in the BCD436HP and BCD536HP whenever there is a power failure. The BC125AT and BCD325P2 are now my all time favorite Uniden scanners. The only thing I would improve on is to have them add a third battery to any updated models they design in the future so that they will keep a charge longer.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have owned several Uniden scanners in the past, including the BCD436HP and BCD536HP. I have been somewhat disappointed with both. The BCD436HP can be a bit deaf on UHF unless you have a really good antenna, and the BCD536HP has developed the low backup battery and dim screen light syndromes. Both have terrible LCD screens that are difficult to read, though the BCD536HP is better than the BCD436HP. At any rate, I bought the BC125AT several months back and fell in love with it. Perfect size, great sound, good ears, and easy to read and bright LCD screen. I loved it so much that I then bought the BCD325P2. Ditto for it, I love this scanner. I rarely turn on the BCD536HP anymore and I just sold my BCD436HP. Uniden did well with these two new scanners. I'm glad they returned to using the older, better style of LCD screens. I also like that they don't need a darn SDcard, which has been problematic in the BCD436HP and BCD536HP whenever there is a power failure. The BC125AT and BCD325P2 are now my all time favorite Uniden scanners. The only thing I would improve on is to have them add a third battery to any updated models they design in the future so that they will keep a charge longer.
Have you sent either of your x36HP scanners in for the RTC battery & display issues?

elrod

Wow lots of information here. I am considering buying the Bcd325P2 and was wondering if anyone has used this on the IL. Starcom simulcast system and how it performs with the Lsm issues it has.
Thanks for any information.

Chuck

milcom_chaser

It's a cool grab n go radio. Works fine on Simulcast for us. Larger display characters, light weight, and great RX performance so far.

elrod

milcom thanks for the reply.
I assume you are in the Chicago area.
Another question is does it have a bnc or sma connector.

milcom_chaser

Also, we use Maha Energy's Powerex 2700ma batteries and MH-C401FS smart charger. It can charge up to 4 batteries individually. If we're in a pinch, we duck into the Dollar Tree store and grab Panasonic Alkaline AA's in 3 packs for a dollar!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Chicago area and my opinion is it does very well on Starcom towers and has a slight edge on my 396xt....

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have one of these enroute as well... Like others I've tried the 436 and just wasn't happy with it. For years I've been using a Pro-106 in my vehicle and I haven't found anything to date to replace it. I'm hoping this might be the one... Simple controls and display for a mobile environment, plus DMR. The only downfall I've heard from a few folks is that the keypad isn't backlit. That surprised me.... I can't remember the last scanner I bought that didn't have a backlit keypad!

What software are you folks using? I've been looking at the trials for both ARC-XT and ProScan. Both seem to have their qwirks and positives, but I'll really need the radio in hand to make an informed decision.

milcom_chaser

Freescan, made by six spot software, works great for programming the radio. Oh, and it's free...

Status
Not open for further replies.