Really would like to see RR on Tapatalk (iPhone/Android/Nokie app)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5RYA

Tapatalk is an awesome app I use to connect to some of my other forums from the iPhone. Would love to RR in the app as well. It's free for the forum owner to add their forum.

Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips!

*Note: No I am not a spam/bot/whatever. I am a member here and have been for a while, I'm not advertising or spamming, simply making a suggestion that I think could make the site even better, and easily accessible on the go.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Why not use m.radioreference.com ?

Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?
A: We received a lot of feedback from users that they want a dedicated app on their smartphone. Most users are contented with the mobile skin or a standard web browser but some of them would appreciate a full-on native app on their phone. For example Tapatalk app allows user to upload photo directly from their phone to your forum as an image attachment. We are also rolling out Push Notification support so it helps your members to stay in touch with your forums while on-the-go.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
So I take it that this movement got no where?

I have recently moved from a BB to a Droid X and would LOVE to see Tapatalk installed...

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'll be another +1 for this. Also, there is now a beta of Tapatalk for BB. I'm using it on my Bold 9700. It's read only right now but it should develop into something good over time. I use it at Scan New England and it works out very nicely. Thanks for checking into it Wayne. It's a very easy add-on to set up.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Due to the third party plug-ins that are involved, which Lindsay does not like running on this forum, it's not going to happen while we're on 3.x. Maybe with 4.x when it comes around. It's not far off.

So unfortunately we won't have it any time soon.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the follow-ups. We have been using Tapatalk on Central PA Fire forums for a few months without issue, We also use BerryBlab plug in for our BB users. Not encoutering any problems with either and both are well received by the end users.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I would like for you to also consider Forum Runner. I use that and I like it.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I'll put in another plug for Tapatalk. I use it for several other forums and it would be great to have RR on there too.

madhatter66

Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt 2/WinMo 6.5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

To revise an old thread rather than start a new one, would be nice to see the tapatalk plugin added. I have run many forums, and plugins are not all that hard to install and tapatalk is very stable, so I really don't understand the relictance from the technical side, sounds more like throwing so tech jargon out there to appease people..

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt 2/WinMo 6.5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

To revise an old thread rather than start a new one, would be nice to see the tapatalk plugin added. I have run many forums, and plugins are not all that hard to install and tapatalk is very stable, so I really don't understand the relictance from the technical side, sounds more like throwing so tech jargon out there to appease people..

Not sure there is reluctance. In an above post Lindsay stated he would at the very least look hard at this when he upgrades the forums to 4.0, which has not happened yet :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have run many forums, and plugins are not all that hard to install and tapatalk is very stable, so I really don't understand the relictance from the technical side, sounds more like throwing so tech jargon out there to appease people..
:roll:

Tapatalk is installed.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
It works. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.