HP-1: Really??

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well I have a Homepatrol and when I turn it on and it picks up and scans fine..then it just stops...and the signal indicator just flashes....and nothing comes out...any ideas???

rwier

Well I have a Homepatrol and when I turn it on and it picks up and scans fine..then it just stops...and the signal indicator just flashes....and nothing comes out...any ideas???
You are scanning the entire database and are located in a State/Province that starts with the letter "A". It gets a few hits locally and then takes forever to get through the rest of the database, which is, of course, "out of range". Just kidding, not enough info, lol.

mciupa

Database Admin

One idea is a TDMA talkgroup on a P25 Phase II system.

K4SVT

Banned
Will Be TDMA soon 2018..

K4SVT

Banned
Also how would one roll back the firmware on the homepatrol. ..I think 2.05 isn't that good..

XTS3000

Could it be that your receiving encrypted communications? No scanner will decode encryption.

On conventional frequencies, if an encrypted signal is transmitting, the scanner will stop and show a signal on the signal meter, but no audio.

If this is the case, you will notice an "ENC" on the screen, and you will not be able to hear anything.

K4SVT

Banned
No its not a encrypted system only only a few talkgroups

K4SVT

Banned
Its like its fine for the first 5-10 mins then it just dies...it will pick up the talkgroups but no sound...and the signal bars flash..

K4SVT

Banned
Think it has to do with the firmware issue..how can I roll back the firmware?

XTS3000

I can't seem to find the post on rolling back your firmware, but it is definitely possible. Keep searching, maybe you'll have better luck finding the post.

Good luck and hope an older firmware will fix your problem.

K4SVT

Banned
I rolled back the firmware to 2.04 its working fine now...2.05 must have that bug..

Status
Not open for further replies.