Realtek Dongle and Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhere300

Ok, normally I can figure this stuff out. if i can't i search it out. Neither of these are working out for me on this.

I see the signal on the scope. Just not seeing anything in trunker. I can not hear anything, and don't believe I have it muted (But I may)

I have set the frequency of a control channel here, and also confirmed that control channel is sending data. Nothing in Unitrunker however.

Realtek dongle
Windows 8.1
Works in HSDR
P25 multi site system
50 PSI in my truck tires.

Ideas?

What is the purpose of downloading system info from RadioReference? I tried, and it wants the SID, but no place to enter

SCPD

QRT

iamhere300

The second page was very helpful for me, I had read the first numerous times. I am getting audio through, but it does not appear to be enough - may be time for a ride to a site. When I click on the reciever setup play button I do not get the pop up window, but I do have audio through the speakers.

Thanks

frazpo

how crisp is the audio? if the offset of the ppm isnt exact you want have a window popup mine varies from 48-53

I second that. Ive had mine act like this before and that be the issue. Might also play with bandwith a little.

joeuser

The Wretched
Its more important to be sure your drift is being properly dealt with. If that's not right, you won't be able to go further.

Here's an example. We lost power for a few hours last month. I had to wait 20 minutes for my dongles to warm up & then - finally - Unitrunker popped up & started picking up my tower.

So make sure your correction PPM is squared away, if its not everything further is a waste of everyone's time.

SCPD

QRT
How are you guys setting your ppm ? when you go to calibrate how long have you had your dongles on for ? Right now I have tried to use FM radio stations but in SDR sharp they seem dead on.

joeuser

The Wretched
I use SDR# & tune to a KSICS tower's control freq that's about a ¼ mile away (strong signal). I then set the ppm so the peak is just left of dead center.

Seems like when they were newer they warmed up faster. Now it takes like 20 - 30 minutes. Since I got my drift calibrated I just leave my settings as-is until the dongles oscillators get up to temp & then everything just AUTOMAGICALLY works! I try not to shut down my Unitrunker / DSD+ system long else the magic smoke seeps out

SCPD

QRT
I'm working on a dedicated setup as well. There is the main ham repeater in town very close by and in the 440mhz range so I might try that .

Status
Not open for further replies.