Realtime 911 calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Indianapolis Star real-time 911 calls are not active,They have been down for a very long time.Indianapolis Star has no idea when they will be back up.They also have a link for Hendricks County 911 calls.

Last edited:

W9NES

The link for the real time 911 calls for Marion and Hendricks County are still not availble thru the Indystar.com web site.If you will do search for The Indianapolis Star and type in the search bar 911 will will see (2) Links for Marion and Hendricks County. They will not work thru the The Indy Star web site. I was not aware of the other link to show all of the PSAP points.Now all of us can see Real Time 911 calls without going thru the IndyStar's web site.

Last edited:

aaron315

Someone once said: A picture is worth a thousand words.....

is911.jpg

is32911.jpg

Last edited:

W9NES

Yes Arron 315 but if you try to get to the Marion County 911 Real Time or Hendricks County 911 Calls it is NOT Working thru the Indianapolis Star papers link.The Problem is with the Indianapolis Star links.Simply said people have known about this for a long time.When you cannot access this link it becomes a problem.The Star paper needs to fix this so all people can get this site instead of going to another web site that know one knows anything about.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Tim -- I think you were trying to say that the links themselves that the IndyStar provides aren't working, but the sites themselves are, correct?

When I search for "911 calls" on the IndyStar site, I get the following:

IndyStar911_2.jpg

When I click the link for the Hendricks 911 calls, they work just fine. The Indy 911 ones on the other hand, link to a site that's broken/not working

Clicking the Indy 911 calls directs you to this page of the IndyStar's site: http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/NEWS0301/70416062?template=interactive2 and produces this error: "ERROR: Couldn't find template for class = _interactive2 and category = NEWS0301"

(FYI - http://www.indy911calls.com also redirects to this same link as well. indy911calls.com is owned by Gannett, the IndyStar's parent company)

To fix this issue, remove the "?template=interactive2" from the URL, leaving this: http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/NEWS0301/70416062

All works great then :)

Last edited:

W9NES

That is what I said and to the point. If you go to Indystar.com and try the 911 real time links they are not working thru TheIndy Star's web site and they have been down for over 6 months.After I called the Indianapolis Star paper and told them about this they told me that they had no idea about what I was talking about.After I called the Editor of the paper he said that they would fix this.That was 6 months back in 2011.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I clicked on the link. I see the dots showing the calls. Is this just to show the calls, or is there a way to actually listen to them? I have clicked on the dots and the PSAP locations, and it still won't let me listen to anything. Can someone post a step by step for me.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I may be mistaken KC, but none of these sites across the country allow you to listen. (for a number of legal and moral reasons)

You may enjoy the Indy star link better.

I have to say, I never thought this would be such a lively thread...

W9NES

How can you click on the Indy Star for Metro Indianapolis/Marion County along with Hendricks County when the links are not working thru the Indy Star.When you go thru the other link that you posted it works just fine. As far as KC9LGZ, Johnson County Real time 911 calls are not listed like Marion and Hendricks County. I would agreee that when you click on the link for the PSAP'S it only shows the 911 calls only that are waiting with no other infomation.This link is just for infomation as far as how many calls are currently being handled by control operators across our state.Metro Indianapolis/Marion County and Hendricks County in Indiana are the only ones that I am aware of that where you can see***Real Time 911 calls with locations including the address to where LEO'S, Fire and EMS are going to.

OCO

I may be mistaken KC, but none of these sites across the country allow you to listen. (for a number of legal and moral reasons)

You may enjoy the Indy star link better.

I have to say, I never thought this would be such a lively thread...

Lively? Maybe..... Predictable? for sure............

aliby19

Feed Provider
How can you click on the Indy Star for Metro Indianapolis/Marion County along with Hendricks County when the links are not working thru the Indy Star.When you go thru the other link that you posted it works just fine...

Tim -- Let me reiterate what I stated in my previous post because you keep posting only halfway correct information:

The Hendricks County link DOES WORK just fine via the IndyStar's website. No problems with this link/info whatsoever.

On the other hand, the Marion County/Indianapolis link DOES NOT work due to an incorrect parameter in the URL. Removing the last parameter ("?template=interactive2") from the URL fixes the issue.

Although, as of this posting (approximately 14:00), the latest updates/runs noted on both the Indy/Marion County and Hendricks County maps are from 9:00 today. Looks like there may be issues/delays with the systems/sites again.

I hope this clears things up!

Last edited:

W9NES

aliby 19, Thanks for your help. I agree that The Hendricks County link NOW works just fine.Now when I click on Marion County 911 I get the following message ERROR: COULD'N FIND THE TEMPLATE_ interreactive 2 and catergory= NEWS 0301. I have changed over my icons on my desktop so i can go direct to Marion and Hendricks County by The Indiana Digital link that was posted.After a phone call to the Star paper today I was told this was a commmunications issue with the Star's provider and they have no idea on when it will be fixed.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Hendricks County link DOES WORK just fine via the IndyStar's website. No problems with this link/info whatsoever....Although, as of this posting (approximately 14:00), the latest updates/runs noted on both the Indy/Marion County and Hendricks County maps are from 9:00 today.
FWIW, the Hendricks County calls specific to the Brownsburg Police are posted on the home page of the Brownsburg PD site in near real time.

Town of Brownsburg, Indiana > Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.