Reason For Simulcasting Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillQuinn

What is the reason for simulcasting the NCCo fireboard? Is it for the media or what? Also, all of the fire simulcasts in DE. Thanks!!

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Fire simulcasts are generally (but not always) done for the volunteers. The pagers don't work on 800MHz, so the VHF channel is retained for notifying.

DEPUTY11

I think they are simulcasted on the 400-500 frequency range because most of the fire departments in New Castle Co DE have their own private frequency in that range. Talleyville, Cranston Heights, Millcreek are a few. Here are a couple I know of, 460.600, 460.575. So why carry 2 radios when you can carry just 1.

BillQuinn

i thought the company channels were on the 800 mhz band. like N-TLYVL, N-AETNA, N-5PTS, etc???ive never heard private chatter on the uhf frequencies.

CommJunkie

BillQuinn said:
i thought the company channels were on the 800 mhz band. like N-TLYVL, N-AETNA, N-5PTS, etc???ive never heard private chatter on the uhf frequencies.

Those "private" channels are given to the stations by the county. The UHF channels are licensed by the station.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
we all have pagers that work off the simulcast they are silent until the tones go off for your station so you can sleep at home or not have to listen until you get a call we dont carry radios most stations only give radios to fire line officers

Status
Not open for further replies.