Reason we can't have P25 Thresholds permanent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

To UPMan,
Is there a reason we cannot have the P25 Threshold made permanent in the 325P2 and 996P2?.You offer us temporary solutions that does not make sense. This would benefit the user and allow him to have a better scanning experience. Why the magician like keypad tricks to enable a very useful setting only to be lost when the scanner is powered off ? This goes back to the seizure inducing color display of the 396XT.
A very frustrating issue that can be easily fixed permanently by firmware.

Best regards,
Pio

seth21w

This is a very good point, on a side note the x36 can be put into adjust mode while scanning if you hit function and volume down then turn dial so its not as hard to adjust but could be easier.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Maybe its because each P25 system is set up different so you would have to have the scanner re-adjust to different systems ...One system I have is better using decode # "8" and one other uses mostly a "10" to decode....That's why they won't change the protocol....

phask

Premium Subscriber
Maybe its because each P25 system is set up different so you would have to have the scanner re-adjust to different systems ...One system I have is better using decode # "8" and one other uses mostly a "10" to decode....That's why they won't change the protocol....

You set them per site currently - at least I think so :)

tumegpc

I understand , but there are times when I just want to monitor one system at a time . And not everyone has multi-systems .

a29zuk

I also have a 325P2 scanner and have complained and commented on this in past posts. Have not heard a reply. Hopefully you will get a response.

Jim

Nasby

This is what kept me from buying one when they hit the $250 mark.

I have three different systems I monitor. Each one requires a different manual threshold adjustment for good reception.

I can't deal with needing to reset the threshold level everytime I power the scanner on.

Status
Not open for further replies.