reband issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevej1221

Anybody know what rat shack is gonna do about the reband issue as for the pro 97? do we send it in to get the fix, do we have to pay for the fix, or is it a total loss and we are just SOL on that one.it concerns me because i just got my pro97 about a week ago. other than this issue i am very happy with the scanner and if the reband thing is not gonna be a big problem i want to get 2 more and also a 2055 for the house.if anybody can shed some light on this reband thing it will help. thanks. steve.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
An article was posted on Strong Signals - and it's linked on the PRO-97 wiki page - that at some point, you would have to send the radio in to have what I would suspect would be a CPU refit.

As has been written about in numerous places - including the rebanding wiki that UPMan wrote - nothing is written in stone yet as to how RS or anyone else is going to deal with rebanding until a full system is rebanded, and the manufacturers evaluate what must be done.

We do know that Uniden won't support certain models for rebanding - what GRE/RS will really do - well, no one knows that for sure yet. Stay tuned and don't panic - yet.

73s Mike

Dubbin

Feed Provider
ka3jjz said:
An article was posted on Strong Signals - and it's linked on the PRO-97 wiki page - that at some point, you would have to send the radio in to have what I would suspect would be a CPU refit.

Remember that they are also saying thatswhat they have done in the past. They are NOT saying thats what they will do this time. My guess is that they will not update the radios and will just come out with something different.

jeffrey420

Support?

With todays scanners having cpu's in them, would it not fall under the Federal laws regarding support for computing equiptment? What is it like 5 years or something?

Of coarse support does'nt mean free.

Status
Not open for further replies.