rebanded channel number help

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutterbug1

Premium Subscriber
I am in southwest Michigan, we are in process of the rebanding. Nextel is moving my channels, they are starting to disappear one by one. I usually listen to the fire, rescue, and school buses (as I'm one of the bus drivers). I went and bought the RS Pro106 and have imported trunking and conventional frequencies from RR. I am getting alot of traffic but can't seem to get my local information anymore. I don't know how to adjust the channel number, I tried using the rebanding at -15 as I found that in one of the forums but that isn't working. Anyone know how to find the new channel numbers? I could really use the help :)
thanks

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Your post is somewhat confusing... Don't adjust any channel numbers. I don't think any rebanding has taken place in Michigan yet, so what "local information" are you looking for that you aren't hearing?

clutterbug1

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry about the confusion. The frequency numbers that we have listened to for years are no longer available. I have been trying to understand the information in the RR section as I was told by one of our fire fighters that all of their radios are or will be reprogrammed. I lost the school buses in an afternoon and was told they went digital. It's my understanding that I can receive digital on the pro106 do you know if this is correct or not? I have my local dispatch frequencies, all still the same, however, I've lost the fire tac communications. Again, the information I am getting from others is that it has to do with Nextel as the freqiencies I listen to seem to be serviced by Roe Comm,.

Did I help with the confusion or have I made it worse? I've been at this since the 14th so I'm a bit on overload here.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I think what we need to do is go back to the basics here. You talk about school buses. What city or jurisdiction? You also talk about dispatch freqs. Again, we need to know what cities and services (fire, pd, ems?), so we know what we are looking for.

I'm sorry about the confusion. The frequency numbers that we have listened to for years are no longer available. I have been trying to understand the information in the RR section as I was told by one of our fire fighters that all of their radios are or will be reprogrammed. I lost the school buses in an afternoon and was told they went digital. It's my understanding that I can receive digital on the pro106 do you know if this is correct or not? I have my local dispatch frequencies, all still the same, however, I've lost the fire tac communications. Again, the information I am getting from others is that it has to do with Nextel as the freqiencies I listen to seem to be serviced by Roe Comm,.

Did I help with the confusion or have I made it worse? I've been at this since the 14th so I'm a bit on overload here.

clutterbug1

Premium Subscriber
VanBuren and Kalamazoo County. This is main dispatch freq. 154.43000, this works, I can hear the dispatch can no longer hear the ffighters unless they are talking to dispatch ex. fire tac 154.11500, 155.43000, I didn't list all of them. my local 461.475000 for the school sounds like a mic has been left open, this is the bus frequency I listen to all the time, call sign is wpmu475. my local fire freq. I'm not exactly sure of I believe it to be 154.4000 (this could be the dispatch that I still hear) and this 154.20500 could be the fire tac that I can no longer hear.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Rebanding and Nextel only apply to 800 Mhz frequencies.

Fire ground communications are usually low power (5 watts) and you may not hear them unless nearby.

Check the data base for Van Buren Co. and Kalamazoo Co.

The Van Buren license for 154.205 has been cancelled.

Mattawan Consolidated Schools, 461.475 is now MOTOTRBO which no scanner can monitor by itself, but it can be monitored with DSD.

Last edited:

clutterbug1

Premium Subscriber
After reading the forums on the DSD it doesn't appear that its an option for me to hear the buses anymore then right? It appears to be complicated and requires you run it through your computer to listen am I reading that correctly? Regarding my fire tac channels, you said they are low power and I may need to be close to hear. I have had no trouble listening with my old scanner which was a Pro91 until the past few weeks. I just noticed that I was no longer hearing anything on scene, just dispatch transmissions. This is why I went and purchased the Pro106. I have used the RR data base and downloaded all the frequencies and yet I'm still only hearing the dispatch. Do you know why this would be happening all of the sudden? The frequencies for the most part have not changed, a few have been added but other than that I don't know what has happened. Could it be linked to the Nextel changes if we haven't started any rebanding here yet? Thank you for all of your help and information.

ecps92

Keep in mind, NEXTEL only affected those user in the 800 Mhz band, and is not the same as Narrowbanding.

After reading the forums on the DSD it doesn't appear that its an option for me to hear the buses anymore then right? It appears to be complicated and requires you run it through your computer to listen am I reading that correctly? Regarding my fire tac channels, you said they are low power and I may need to be close to hear. I have had no trouble listening with my old scanner which was a Pro91 until the past few weeks. I just noticed that I was no longer hearing anything on scene, just dispatch transmissions. This is why I went and purchased the Pro106. I have used the RR data base and downloaded all the frequencies and yet I'm still only hearing the dispatch. Do you know why this would be happening all of the sudden? The frequencies for the most part have not changed, a few have been added but other than that I don't know what has happened. Could it be linked to the Nextel changes if we haven't started any rebanding here yet? Thank you for all of your help and information.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Keep in mind, NEXTEL only affected those user in the 800 Mhz band, and is not the same as rebanding.

Actually, rebanding is directly related to Nextel's usage in the 800 MHz band.

Narrowbanding, on the other hand, is unrelated to Nextel/800 MHz and only affects VHF and UHF 150-512 MHz.

I'm sure that's what you meant, though. ;)

ecps92

Yes, damn fingers can't type :D

Actually, rebanding is directly related to Nextel's usage in the 800 MHz band.

Narrowbanding, on the other hand, is unrelated to Nextel/800 MHz and only affects VHF and UHF 150-512 MHz.

I'm sure that's what you meant, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.