Rebanded System - Lagrange, GA Band Plan Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Below are the frequencies for Site-1 Lagrange 800 TRS.

I'm not sure exactly what to enter. To me lower and upper are as I show below. The example from Uniden's info (pasted below) looks confusing.

If any of you have experience in this and can offer instructions, please do.

Thanks,
Julian
Lagrange, GA

45-mHz offset / 25-kHz spacing

854.0625 / 809.0625
854.6625 / 809.6625
855.8625 / 810.8625
856.2625 / 811.2625
856.6875 / 811.6875
858.2625 / 813.2625
860.2625 / 815.2625
860.9875 / 815.9875

Using the P25 Band Plan Setting
The BCD396T includes two operation modes for P25 systems: explicit mode and implicit
mode channel assignment. Explicit mode systems include all information needed to
determine voice frequencies on the control channel. You must supply the system's band
plan for implicit systems for the scanner to correctly determine voice frequencies.
To set the band plan for a P25 system:
[MENU] Program System-->E
Edit Sys Option-->E
Edit Band Plan-->E
Then, follow these steps:

1. Rotate the selector to choose the Band Plan table entry you want to edit and press E
2. Enter the base frequency for the table 2. entry and press E.
3. Enter the spacing for the table entry (in kHz) and press E. Repeat 1-3 for additional table entries.

Notes:
• For Explicit mode systems, leave all entries blank.
There is no way to determine the correct entries using the scanner (other than trial
and error). You must get this information from another source. Uniden America
Corporation does not have this information.

Motorola 800 Custom Band Plan (Rebanding)

This update adds the ability to create a Motorola 800 MHz system using a custom band
plan. When you create a system that has been rebanded to use the frequencies newly
added for use by the FCC, you have the option now of selecting 800MHz Custom as the
Motorola system type.

Once you create the system, you can set the custom band plan as follows:
1. Edit System Option 1. --> Edit Band Plan
2. Select the band plan entry to edit.
3. Set each of the following entries for the band plan:
1. Set Base Freq (Lower and Upper)
2. Set Offset
3. Set Spacing
For standard rebanded systems, you need to set Band Plan 1 and Band Plan 2 as:

Band Plan Base Freq (Lower) Base Freq (Upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.025MHz 854.000MHz 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125MHz 868.9875MHz 0 + 25 kHz

Julian1

Rebanding Question - Uniden 996T Lagrange, GA 800

I am looking at eight pairs of frequencies. They have a 45-Mhz difference between repeater input and repeater output.

The ARC996 software for rebanding provides for entry of six bandplans. Instructions are not clear to me whether I need to enter the upper/lower of all frequencies used by a Site. Or, do I just enter the control channel frequencies??

Please help.... Thanks

N8IAA

I am looking at eight pairs of frequencies. They have a 45-Mhz difference between repeater input and repeater output.

The ARC996 software for rebanding provides for entry of six bandplans. Instructions are not clear to me whether I need to enter the upper/lower of all frequencies used by a Site. Or, do I just enter the control channel frequencies??

Please help.... Thanks

Hey Julian. Enter only the 850Mhz stuff. That's where the CC's will be. No need for bandplans. Mike knows the Unidens better than me. I just do P-25 auto for my 106.
Larry

ButchGone

Is the Lagrange system true P25, meaning all digital and 9600b control channel? Or does it support digi and analog talkgroups? If it is mixed mode you do not want to enter system as P25, rather 800Mhz standard. If it is true P25 (all digi) then you don't have to worry at all about rebanding - the control channel handles it all and you do not have to do the custom table thing.
BG..

Julian1

Lagrange Rebanding is for Analog 800 TRS. Digital in the future

Mike,
I'll look at my scanner to see what CC is being used for Site-1 which is the original tower located off of Lafayette Parkway just east of downtown Lagrange. This site is between downtown and I-85.

Site-2 located near West Point, just inside Harris County, the control channels have not changed.

This system remains analog for now. Maybe digital in the future.

Thanks,
Julian
--------------------------------------------------------------
Pasted from Uniden Rebanding Thread....LaGrange TRS Rebanding

Julian:

Has LaGrange's rebanding been completed? Do you know the new control channels yet?

Mike

N8IAA

Well, since it is analog, just put in all the freqs into the scanner, run it as Type II and see what happens.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.